Too Many F!@%$ Songs

- open
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Too Many F!@%$ Songs

Post by miroslav »

Phase Ghost wrote:The process of making my own music is the sole reason I make it.
That is why I still make mixes.
nierika
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Too Many F!@%$ Songs

Post by nierika »

stevësto wrote:couldnt have said it better myself. this is exactly why im trying to make music now. DJing is a dying art. the internet killed it.
The music is made to be mixed together.
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

im trying to make my own music now because of being frustrated trying to find tracks out there i like.

its my belief that there are too many crappy tracks out there today because producing has become so easy and accessible. when its easy to make a track, it makes it too easy for djs to become producers and mimic other tracks.

i dont want to release my music, not even as an mp3 on a netlabel, i just want my own music that i can play. even better, i would love to mix and sequence it live, maybe even play some lead melody parts with a keyboard live.

at that point its not djing anymore, it would be a live music performance. i predict more and more people like me will be fed up looking for music to beat match together and just want to make the damn music that they are playing.

at the end of the day, i just want to spew out an uninterrupted stream of energetic kinetic form of meditation.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I am shocked that people find it hard to find good stuff, like REALLY shocked. I don't find it any harder than in the old days where I often used hours in record shops digging through piles and piles of records, and finding 10-20 that I bought.
Today I use maybe 1 hour on Beatport, 1 hour on promos, and 30 minutes on demos per week, and this is enough for me to get all the stuff that I want, and I still think that there are tons of good music, and I probably also miss out on some stuff, because I'm not using more time on digging.

Is it hard for people to keep looking for their fave labels and producers, plus from that explorer new cool stuff? I don't get why it should be SO much harder today. Hmm..

I know that there are tons more stuff these days, but IMO this doesn't mean that there are less good music, just that you have to sort more of the bad things away, but I find this quiet easy.

Just my 2cents.
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

If producing music is easy, then why is there so much crap?

More accurately, "producing barely passable tracks that will still make it to the beat-port top 10 is easy. Producing quality tracks is hard"
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

shypht wrote:If producing music is easy, then why is there so much crap?

More accurately, "producing barely passable tracks that will still make it to the beat-port top 10 is easy. Producing quality tracks is hard"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKUb9Txoe1c
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

patrick bateman wrote:I am shocked that people find it hard to find good stuff, like REALLY shocked.
when i tell people i spend at least half an hour a day on Beatport & What people Play to look for tracks, I get the reaction "pff, don't have the time for that man!". Indeed, not so long ago I had to spend an hour on the train, go through the crates for hours, and go back... And there was just as much music coming out back then. Being a dj means that you have to go and find the good stuff that the other dj's missed (or are too dumb to notice ;) ).

Maybe people are so used to having everything right when they want it that they have grown too lazy to even go and look.
Christ Lewis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Christ Lewis »