Dj Bone interview (bring some hate)

- open
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:All this territorialness over music and sound is waste of time. If you consider the vastness of the universe the distance between one side of the earth and the other is so infinitesimally small that it almost doesn't exist. The space is so small that through technology I can manipulate things on the other side of the globe within milliseconds.

When you consider how small the world its got to make you laugh at gangster types who fight and die to control a little corner in their neighborhood. Their worlds are so small and insignificant their lives are more or less meaningless. They walk around thuggin like they are kings among men. Its funny.
totally agree with you here...
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

People have always called him Detroit techno. Some people from there might not want to hear that, but his city's associated by proximity. It's what happens when you live near a famous city.

I don't understand why so many Richie Hawtin bashers. I think they're either new to techno and unfamiliar with all he's done or just haters.
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

^^ It's always very cool and avante garde to hate.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

john clees wrote:
Phase Ghost wrote:Deepchord is from detroit. They're the best thing to happen to techno ever, in my opinion.
some of the older cats...

Juan Atkins(Model 500 Band 100% UR Members)
Carl Craig
Moodyman
Jeff Mills(Founding UR member)
Stacey Pullen
Terrance Parker
Norm Talley
Delano Smith
Eddie Fowlkes(Submerge Recordings)
Buzz Goree(UR Assault Dj)
Rick Wilhites
Mike Clark
Sean Deason(Matrix Records was distributed by Submerge)
Aaron-Carl(Got his start around the UR Camp on Soul City)
Bone
Mike Banks(UR Founding Member and Head)
Kelli Hand(Acaicia Records was Distributed by Submerge)
AUX 88(Direct Beat and Puzzelbox were both distributed by Submerge)

Lee Curtiss
Seth Troxler
Ryan Crosson
John Giaser
Hearthrob
Matt Abbott
Anonym

Tisk tisk Jon
All that negativity on the list.....
For shame
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

that's a roger there charlie..

you're new log in name is well.. guess... you can see for yourself..

the password is still the same...

I'm waiting..

:D
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

I Never claimed to be best friends with bone. I just decided to chime in on a subject where he was being torn up for saying what he thought. Some of it i agreed with, some of it i didn't. I'm not about to name drop just to fulfill some schizophrenic fantasy of yours. It's not my article and it's not my interview. You're the one who gives a sh!t about it not me, i'm not about to start beef with people that i don't give a sh!t about because IMO their records don't stack up to the Detroit sh!t anyways. That's only my opinion, you may have others. If you got beef bring it to me on a record.
You're always welcome to come to my forum on discogs anytime you like

http://www.discogs.com/group/90

where the posts are unmoderated
don't worry there's still an edit button for you so you can retract any statements that might offend black people. It'll be just like home in this thread. I'll even let you pick your own name.
If you can't even see the hippocracy in that list you rattled off after stating that the fans and the camp are full of such negativity then you lack a total sense of irony. In that case i can totally understand why you think the proper response is to change my screen name. Even with that being the case i probably would have just found something to say instead but to each his own.

If you plan on acting like a douche at least have the nut sack to do it in person. You might want to keep this civil.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Torque nut sacks wrote:I Never claimed to be best friends with bone. I just decided to chime in on a subject where he was being torn up for saying what he thought. Some of it i agreed with, some of it i didn't. I'm not about to name drop just to fulfill some schizophrenic fantasy of yours. It's not my article and it's not my interview. You're the one who gives a sht about it not me, i'm not about to start beef with people that i don't give a sht about because IMO their records don't stack up to the Detroit sht anyways. That's only my opinion, you may have others. If you got beef bring it to me on a record.
You're always welcome to come to my forum on discogs anytime you like

http://www.discogs.com/group/90

where the posts are unmoderated
don't worry there's still an edit button for you so you can retract any statements that might offend black people. It'll be just like home in this thread. I'll even let you pick your own name.
If you can't even see the hippocracy in that list you rattled off after stating that the fans and the camp are full of such negativity then you lack a total sense of irony. In that case i can totally understand why you think the proper response is to change my screen name. Even with that being the case i probably would have just found something to say instead but to each his own.

If you plan on acting like a douche at least have the nut sack to do it in person. You might want to keep this civil.
Exactly... No point in acting like a spoilt brat and changing his screen name. That's the sort of behaviour I would expect from a 10yr old...
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

is reggie dokes from detroit? i love him.

john and torque whats going on! get a room already.