mUmU Podcast 003 - Okain

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

mUmU Podcast 003 - Okain

Post by Harrison »

mUmU 003 | Okain started on the decks started around 1999 when he was 15. At this time he enjoyed spinning House & Techno tracks to his friends. Influenced by Laurent Garnier, he, within the next two years, was offered the decks of a club to play a bimonthly 5 hour set. Since then he has played in the hottest spots in Paris included Rex Club & Social Club just to name a few. He also became a regular DJ for the legendary Dimuschi parties with his friends Paul Ritch & Thomas Muller.

In 2007, after a year of sound engineering studies Paul & Him released their first EP as Handycraft on Kickboxer label. Their Le Bal Masqué ep was an immediate success charted & compiled by many international DJ's. Since then Okain has released several EP's on different labels including Tsuba, Bpitch Control & French label Je t'aime Records. His productions have been granted support from the likes of Seuil, Dyed Soundorom, Loco Dice, Sebo K, Varoslav, Dan Ghenacia and Onur Ozer. It is naturally that these acclaimed releases led him to get gigs across Europe including City Hall in Barcelona during the Sonar festival 2008.

In 2009 new productions & remixes from Okain are being released on Quartz Music, Tsuba, Bpitch Control, Je t'aime Records, Arjaus & Supplemental Facts. Whilst DJing in some of Europe's top clubs.

For more info check out:

Myspace | www.myspace.com/okainspace
Discogs | http://www.discogs.com/artist/Okain

We are delighted that Sam agreed to mix our third podcast, having really enjoyed his recent releases his especially Blackrock EP on Quartz and the Get Together EP on Tsuba which have been played lots at our parties! His mix is very 'mUmU' and we hope you enjoy it!

Keep your eyes peeled for mUmU Podcast 004!

TO DOWNLOAD VISIT - www.youmemumu.com and check the podcast section!

:D
Rayda
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rayda »

Nice, grabbing the Martinez mix also.
Million
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Million »

Okain is the man. My favourite producer too

Any chance of a tracklist please? Cheers
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

Million wrote:Okain is the man. My favourite producer too

Any chance of a tracklist please? Cheers
i don't have a tracklist sorry!
Go For What you Know
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Go For What you Know »

Very nice :!:
Go for what you know Girl. Go For what you know.
Rayda
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rayda »

I heartily endorse the Martinez podcast.