Headphones

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

I have a pair of HD-25's. They sound nice for listening and djing but can never rely on them for a good mix.

The other suggestions here are good. I also recommend the open ear grados labs headphones. but if your doing mic recording you are going to want closed ear ones.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

mlexicon wrote:theyre really clean sounding, but lack a certain punch in bass, well made, the only thing is that eventually the cushioning will start to break down, and i dont mean the ear pads. The bass thing isnt an issue cuz the sound is just so clear.
i don't understand the cushioning breaking down? mine have held up nicely.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

hydrogen wrote:
mlexicon wrote:theyre really clean sounding, but lack a certain punch in bass, well made, the only thing is that eventually the cushioning will start to break down, and i dont mean the ear pads. The bass thing isnt an issue cuz the sound is just so clear.
i don't understand the cushioning breaking down? mine have held up nicely.
The sort of black leatherette covering on the cushioning does peel off but thats usually after a few years of use (well thats what happened to mine anyway). Its onlya few quid for a new set of pads and theyre as good as new.

If you do go for the HD25 then theres a version the HD25C and they have a coiled cable instead of straight cable. Id prob go for these over the standard cable.
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

Hey guys,I must say I so appreciate all the feedback. So I bought them yesterday after quite some time in my local music store, brought them home and began using them. I really did like the clear sound, but something was bothering me that I was desperatly trying to deny because lots of people had refered them to me. Definetly bass heavy,very little flat response imo, tight little earpads where the sound get's muffled, ect.....On the posted advice, i'm gonna return them, but now what do I get? The AKG 240's didn't appeal to me( excessively flat), the sony mdr 7506 maybe(but I hear thy are bass heavy), the Seinheiser HD 380 i liked. Can you guy,s recommend others? Closed cans or open cans? a question everyone has different opinions about!! Thanx again
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

^^^
tone-def wrote:I also swear by my Sennheiser HD650s for producing.
the HD600's are also good and a little cheaper.

it's hard to audition them because they sound different when there new. you need to break them in with about 80 hours of music. also you need a headphone amp. most DJ mixers will do but if you plug them into your headphone out on your computer or audio interface they will sound weak.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

personally i am an akg 701 and 702 fan
Caeraphym
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Caeraphym »

Raddler wrote:The AKG 240's didn't appeal to me( excessively flat)
lol wut?!

You're intending to use them as studio headphones ja? Surely the flatter the better in that case to give the truest representation of the actual sound you are creating?!

IMHO it's all about the BeyerDynamic DT990 Pro personally...
They last forever, sound clear as clear can be and hardly cause any ear fatigue or physical discomfort even after prolonged use.

For DJing use the Sennheiser HD25mkII.
patrick bateman wrote:I think they're better as dj headphones... try look for some AKG or BeyerDynamics...
+1
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

How does AKG compares to BeyerDynamics ?? (for production only)

Just saw on google uk that they are around 120-130 pounds very close to akg 271 MK2 and 240 MK2 that I was looking.

What do you think

tasos