the ableton monopoly

- ask away
vinnie pine
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by vinnie pine »

Dopplereffekt wrote:Sony ACID?
Can acid do loops on the fly like ableton? A freind of mine used to use it live but he would program the whole set beforehand.
briobox
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by briobox »

well, there's this http://mc202.com/synthesizers/opleton-l ... pired-daw/ ableton live clone. open-source too. not much done but they have a start.
Achb.on
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Achb.on »

excel ?
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

Achb.on wrote:excel ?
:lol:
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

humeka wrote:you're right...

have you seen the last native instrument soft/hardware solution?

http://www.native-instruments.com/newre ... /maschine/

the interface looks a bit like live, don't you think so? but I don't know if it works the same way...
i think NI people are smart, they seem not to go into competition with ableton, instead, they are going for a diferent market..they focus on their own softwares and make sure to have a nice piece of hardware with it, (wich you could use with other software if you want later, like ableton....) going a bit for software and hardware markets....in conjunction or separetedly....

but that is just a toght....
royen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by royen »

Still, it's kind of funny how NI announces Maschine, a hw/sw hybrid that borrows heavily from both Live and the Akai MPC at the same show where Ableton and Akai announce they're in business together with Akai making a hw-controller for Live.

You could become paranoid for less :)

Anyway, I've toyed with Maschine for a week and have to say its an impressive piece of gear.
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

royen wrote:Still, it's kind of funny how NI announces Maschine, a hw/sw hybrid that borrows heavily from both Live and the Akai MPC at the same show where Ableton and Akai announce they're in business together with Akai making a hw-controller for Live.

You could become paranoid for less :)

Anyway, I've toyed with Maschine for a week and have to say its an impressive piece of gear.
\o/

yes, i havent tought on that...you are right...

so...it is nice ha? it looks indeed...the way they have made it "friendly user" i think.....

looks like i was wrong, they seem to really be going for competition with AKAI and Live....
0x7f
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 0x7f »

haven't there always been a few DAW's around? i mean sure noone copies the interface design, everyone has its own, but all in all the features are more or less the same? i mean the basic features, sequencing, sample editing/looping/whatever and you can use most of them to play live aswell. even fruity loops lol