[minibar 002] Agnès - Treat me bad ep

- wax
Cillo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[minibar 002] Agnès - Treat me bad ep

Post by Cillo »

Minibar is back with some more refreshments!! with Agnès, the Geneva sthlmaudio labelhead WHO fancy minbar’s and deep minimal house music. Treat me bad EP is all about dry vodka and round the block house party. A minimal funkster that will for sure dry out the bar. As if this wouldn’t be enough, Monsieur Cabanne has also put his hands in dirt, bringing us a marvelous remix of the flagship track from this ep - Treat me bad… Oh I guess we should seriously consider to be badly treated by those folks ! Yeah, treat us bad ! Yu gotta spin this deep impact groovy minimal trick.

www.minibar-music.com

Agnès

My interest for a more minimal and banging house music really started from the holy Mike Inc, he played live in the one and only club of my home town, Fri-Son in Fribourg back in 1996. What a set, what a man behind machines smashing punchy, crunchy beats out of a plastic kit. I think my mind glued on that music so hard because I knew that I was chanceful. I knew this night triggered something deep in me. He was the living proof that doing dark and devastating things while still making people dance was possible.

Back in 2003 Agnès initiated sthlmaudio recordings, a small record label that is aimed at putting out modern minimalism. Sthlmaudio recordings was/is hard work, no one knew us at that time. But I think it’s the way of doing things. Passion is the key! Strangely the good feedbacks came from aboard Switzerland first. So I could connect to others artists internationally and started to put out underrated modern artists. A huge help came as well from the “groove spectre” namely; Puma. He contributed to a 10” release that was hugely spinned/charted around the globe.

Sthlmaudio recordings is now moving on, there’s plenty of good releases in the starting blocks… starting with Apoll’s Monumental Haircut (check the minlove.review). I’m so excited by the schedules for 2005-2006. If all the artists I’ve planned/contacted will release 12”/10” on sthlmaudio then I guess I’ll be the most happy money loosing label manager .
Lately, I sent out a 3 track demo to Cabanne. I was a bit scared because I’ve got so much respect for him and his work. I was very surprised of the warm feedback that actually ended up with a release on his own Minibar-Music record label. The release is scheduled for October 2005 and include a superb Cabanne remix.
Also, I’ve been working a lot with Chaton from Plak Records recently and this has been rewarding for me as well. He is such a nice person and has the same musical approaches. From this relation a 12” of remixes is born. The remixes concerns Chaton + Hopen original tracks and includes two remixes, a Donato Dozzy rebuild and a Agnès deeptroit rebuild. The 12" will hit the streets soon on Plak Records.

Finally, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all the people that supported us from the beginning and to thank you reader!

To show my funkyness, I’ll send out 3 test pressings of the next Agnès release on sthlmaudio recordings to the 3 funniest comments down here… word up !!!

Other links:

www.minlove.net
www.sthlm.ch

and don't forget other jewel!!!
saep05
Agnès - Countermeasures (12")
label . sthlmaudio recordings
release date . october 17, 2005

"Countermeasures" is the second 12" by Geneva based producer Agnès on his own imprint STHLM Recordings. Nearly two years after "Schöneggplatz" (SAEP01) he enchants us with a delightful ep that is hard to compare to his former output. With customary attention to detail (especially in rhythmic structure) and an unheard deepness in sound and aesthetics, this ep gives us a good foretaste of planned and forthcoming releases by Boris. Next contribution 'll be "Treat me bad" on Cabanne's own Minibar Music imprint which 'll be out in mid-october.
While "Threats from the depths" acts as a sort of mystic opener - dark and heavily breathing - the 2nd track on the a-side sounds like an immoral request ("Get off those closes") ... with a diffused groove - slow, yet driving - only broken by sudden outbreaks of strange whispering vocals that seem to rip the listeners clothes and tear them to pieces.

"Deadly manoeuvers" on the flipside follows with a similar 'look and feel' - building up a gloomy scenario for the darkest and shadiest dancefloor - faraway from dawn and daylight. The 2nd track on the b-side and the following ambience-cut seem to rid theirselfs of this oppressive athmosphere and are closing this refreshingly varied ep with a breath of light.

tracklist & preview

a1 . threats from the depths
a2 . get off those clothes
b1 . deadly manoeuvers
b2 . a letter with no word
b3 . last resort

Bye Bye Minimali
Cillo
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

sounds awesome, i'll check it out later tonight
rc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

minibar 002

Post by rc »

heard mp3's of this release a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Can't wait to hear on a proper system
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Number 001 was great, will check this one out.