why buying expansive vynil timecode systems if...?

- open
BigBeatz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by BigBeatz »

Hello I have just signed up so that I can reply to this post, sorry about reopening an old thread!!

I was wondering how you got traktor pro working with the Maya 44 USB!? PLLLLEEEEASSSE Fill me in on how you did this. I've got serato time coded vinyls like the person in that pic above + traktor pro and a hercules steel (instead of an external mixer)

Thanks for your time :)
DJ Klonic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DJ Klonic »

hernangrau wrote:
rationalism wrote:by doing that you don´t get stuff like drop the needle anywhere and the track keep going, but it´s almost the same EXCEPT the audio 8 card that Traktor scratch has, lower latency... appart from that is the same!
Cheers
mistake both.
torq vinyl work in absolute mode. so You can drop the needle everywhere and it will work as a regular vinyl.

it has no latency at all.
Thats physically impossible! And hernangrau was talking about relative mode i think. Besides that to answer the topic starter's qustion:

The thing youre talking about is wideley sold here in Holland. But Traktor and the Audio 8 have proven to be very professional. The software is outstanding with great fx, there is no dj software (So Ableton doesnt count :P ) with better fx in my opinion.

Reloop Spin! has an OEM 4 in, 4 out soundcard, I need 8 in 8 out
Mixvibes is less stable than Traktor, Serato, for me as a DJ playing in clubs, thats somting i cannot afford!
Rane SSL, great software, but i'd like 4 decks!
Numark Virtual Vinyl, i havent tried it, but it doesnt have 4 deck support!
Torq has outstanding software but again the lack of decks!

Traktor Scratch Pro really has some big advantages over most other timecode systems in my opinion. For me its the FX, Support, Innovation, price (in Holland the complete package cost me €399, normally thats €549 because im in college), 4 deck support, layout, usage (so you can talk about it with other users).

@ BigBeatz
Traktor is bound to Traktor certified soundcards/mixers. You could buy an A&H Xone 2D instead of an Audio 8 or an Behringer BCD3000 (which lacks some features etc.

Using a non certified soundcard is possible altough it is hard to get it working right! try contacting NI!
www.myspace.com/klonic
Where are the Dutch adventure clubs?
BigBeatz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by BigBeatz »

Hi dude, I completely agree with you, since my last post I have purchased an Audio 4 DJ soundcard and Traktor Scratch. It it miles better than Virtual DJ/Deckadance, and just a bit better than torque. Also the sound quality of the Audio 4/8 is outstanding compared to other cards I have used.
hernangrau
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by hernangrau »

DJ Klonic wrote:
hernangrau wrote:
rationalism wrote:by doing that you don´t get stuff like drop the needle anywhere and the track keep going, but it´s almost the same EXCEPT the audio 8 card that Traktor scratch has, lower latency... appart from that is the same!
Cheers
mistake both.
torq vinyl work in absolute mode. so You can drop the needle everywhere and it will work as a regular vinyl.

it has no latency at all.
Thats physically impossible! And hernangrau was talking about relative mode i think. Besides that to answer the topic starter's qustion:
nono i'm talking about absolute mode with the torq vinyl.
I'll put some video that i record for a friend to show him how it works
hernangrau
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by hernangrau »

BigBeatz wrote:Hi dude, I completely agree with you, since my last post I have purchased an Audio 4 DJ soundcard and Traktor Scratch. It it miles better than Virtual DJ/Deckadance, and just a bit better than torque. Also the sound quality of the Audio 4/8 is outstanding compared to other cards I have used.
at the end traktor is traktor, the good thing on deckadance is that reads every vinyl, and the stupid easy setup ever, when my torq's dowsn't work anymore i will try the traktor ones to see what happens
rationalism
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rationalism »

Just bought Audio 4 dj and works like a charm! and it doesnt cost that much!.
Also native is releasing AUDIO 2 DJ hehe when are they going to stop :lol:
Cheers
RATIONALISM RECORDS /// www.rationalismrecords.com /// PLEASUREX.CLUB /// https://pleasurex.club/

MYHOUSE YOURHOUSE /// soundcloud.com/mhyh-records /// ZARDOS /// https://zardos.bandcamp.com
analogpeople
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by analogpeople »

can somebody help me a little bit?

i have maya soundcard, with x session pro mixer and 2 turntables.

it should be work with traktor pro??

thanks!
rationalism
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rationalism »

The guy in the photos seems to made it worked but from what I've read is not possible, don't know if the timecodes doesnt cost you too much try buying traktor ones and if it doesnt work buy other to use deckadance and virtual dj. Or just buy Audio 4 dj is not that expensive! ;)
RATIONALISM RECORDS /// www.rationalismrecords.com /// PLEASUREX.CLUB /// https://pleasurex.club/

MYHOUSE YOURHOUSE /// soundcloud.com/mhyh-records /// ZARDOS /// https://zardos.bandcamp.com