Aether = Cadenza's CUBE ?

- open
maxeinsoul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maxeinsoul »

Who are you to say you know what good taste is? :)

People may lack of knowledge, but one day it's time to stop saying the same old crap : most people listen to crap MTV music and I listen to the good one. There's allways been an underground and a mainstream, and I don't think it'll ever change. Then I don't pay attention to what's happening with their cadenza stuff. But who cares, if i find it cool i'll go and see it, if not, I won't.

Those guys might sound like money makers, but without them, our scene wouldn't be what it is. I still respect Ray Charles, even if he had a huge villa in LA. His songs were still good after that.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

maxeinsoul wrote:Who are you to say you know what good taste is? :)

People may lack of knowledge, but one day it's time to stop saying the same old crap : most people listen to crap MTV music and I listen to the good one. There's allways been an underground and a mainstream, and I don't think it'll ever change. Then I don't pay attention to what's happening with their cadenza stuff. But who cares, if i find it cool i'll go and see it, if not, I won't.

Those guys might sound like money makers, but without them, our scene wouldn't be what it is. I still respect Ray Charles, even if he had a huge villa in LA. His songs were still good after that.
Ur saying without Luciano and cadenza ur scene would not be what it is today? I think u've lost ur mind.

Theres Innovation and then theres jerking off.
maxeinsoul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maxeinsoul »

I guess so. Trust me I listen to loads of Detroit stuff, but I think we need different stuff. And I don't think what Luciano does here is a threat to music the scene.

And he probably brought more to the electronic scene than a lot of us here right now. Easy to talk, but the day you create a label that is as influential as Cadenza, just call me.

I don't say I'm fan or anything. I don't listen to a lot of their stuff, but still, I respect their work.

And what's the point of trying to inovate when some people see innovation in what has been done 25 years ago only?

And I don't see what's wrong with this, Luciano still plays clubs with a pair of mk's.

And yes, we do need more accessible music sometimes. You don't go from MTV music to Underground Resistance just like that. You need to get your ears used to certain sounds to go deeper underground.

I'm happy that our scene has become something bigger, with some money in it, maybe, but there was an underground time when you could only see a Detroit don every three months, and there's our time, with many things to see as long as you try to b a bit open minded.

While we are arguing about our scene, those guys make it.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

maxeinsoul wrote:I guess so. Trust me I listen to loads of Detroit stuff, but I think we need different stuff. And I don't think what Luciano does here is a threat to music the scene.

And he probably brought more to the electronic scene than a lot of us here right now. Easy to talk, but the day you create a label that is as influential as Cadenza, just call me.

I don't say I'm fan or anything. I don't listen to a lot of their stuff, but still, I respect their work.

And what's the point of trying to inovate when some people see innovation in what has been done 25 years ago only?

And I don't see what's wrong with this, Luciano still plays clubs with a pair of mk's.

And yes, we do need more accessible music sometimes. You don't go from MTV music to Underground Resistance just like that. You need to get your ears used to certain sounds to go deeper underground.

I'm happy that our scene has become something bigger, with some money in it, maybe, but there was an underground time when you could only see a Detroit don every three months, and there's our time, with many things to see as long as you try to b a bit open minded.

While we are arguing about our scene, those guys make it.
Djs and Acts like Luciano, Loco Dice and all that trash bring in hipster trash that doesnt know their ass from their elbow and are just there because its the new cool thing, minimal. And those guys arent even minimal, they play tech house. I think that the new hip sound, no? A little tech house with a sprinkle of detroit. Is that it? I dont know? I dont wanna spew anymore hate. Theres no scene, this aint the 90's. At least not in NYC.
maxeinsoul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maxeinsoul »

Ok. So once it's fashionnable, it's crap. I got it. Erm. Your point of view is a bit sad I think.

Minimal isn't the cool new thing. It's neither new nor cool. There are many "cooler" things right now than minimal.

Anyway, you're the hater. I don't mind. But just let me know, the day you'll be able to be the cool guy to some people.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

maxeinsoul wrote:Ok. So once it's fashionnable, it's crap. I got it. Erm. Your point of view is a bit sad I think.

Minimal isn't the cool new thing. It's neither new nor cool. There are many "cooler" things right now than minimal.

Anyway, you're the hater. I don't mind. But just let me know, the day you'll be able to be the cool guy to some people.
Ur not getting what i'm saying. U must have ur Cadenza scarf on too tight. Of course Minimal is not new to people that know a little something, people to whom techno is a true love and not just a passing fad.

I bought my first minimal record around 97. I think it was Dj Slip. I heard Landstrumm play his own style of Minimal back in 96 I think. I got into it then and I'm still into it (well, some of it). Thats more than I can say for the passers by, who are on to the next cool sh!t like urself. Im pretty loyal to the artists and music i listen to.
Last edited by miniKAT on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

this website gets more and more hilarious as the days go by.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

miniKAT wrote: Djs and Acts like Luciano, Loco Dice and all that trash bring in hipster trash that doesnt know their a$$ from their elbow and are just there because its the new cool thing, minimal. And those guys arent even minimal, they play tech house. I think that the new hip sound, no? A little tech house with a sprinkle of detroit. Is that it? I dont know? I dont wanna spew anymore hate. Theres no scene, this aint the 90's. At least not in NYC.
Man you talk way too much crap. Luciano has been doing the same thing since he started. You blame him because he now became famous? Come on, he deserve it. Have you heard his live @ weetamix cd?? That sh!t is sick!!Ok, he now plays more house stuff and some "merengue bootlegs". Who cares? If he likes it, he did his homework and won the right to play in front of 5000 people. When people get tired of him, they will move to another artist. You CAN'T control that. You just can do what you like and hope people like it or give a fck about that. Detroit, chicago, minimal, techno blablabla it's all music man!! If its well done, just feel it!!

I smell too much hate.