Back to vinyl?

- open
x0x
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Back to vinyl?

Post by x0x »

EDM has been a passion of mine since the early 90s. I purchased vinyl all the way through those years, made a little break, bought Serato a few years ago and started the whole digital thing. I'm oldschool with 2 SL1200 decks so I picked Serato because of the vinyl possibility and I liked their package.

Now to be honest all those releases on Beatport (were I normally purchase) are getting too much for me. There is just too much crap, way too many releases thrown on each and every single day. I simply do not have the time to walk through all new techno, tech-house, mnml releases to keep up.

I think the digital thing has ruined the fun of searching for good tracks and maybe even a little bit of the passion for me. So where does that bring me today. I'm thinking about buying vinyl again, I don't care if they cost more.

What do you guys think? Is it a wise decision or is vinyl going to die anyway in the next couple of years? Now that I'm on the topic anyway, are there still any good online vinyl stores for The Netherlands around? I found vinyl-distribution.nl and 4djsonly.com so far.
Delano
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Delano »

Did the same thing a more then a year ago.
I've sold Serato and went back to 100% vinyl again, nothing can beat that magic feeling .
I feel more pleasant rummaging around in a recordcase then scrolling in trackslists to find suitable tracks on a laptop.
x0x
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by x0x »

Delano wrote:Did the same thing a more then a year ago.
I've sold Serato and went back to 100% vinyl again, nothing can beat that magic feeling .
I feel more pleasant rummaging around a recordcase then scrolling in trackslists to find suitable tracks on a laptop.
Same story :)

Found another online vinyl reseller, recess. Only thing I'm afraid of is that there might be some good release on digital only... Since I do not have CD players I might have to keep my Serato.
Delano
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Delano »

I don't have CD players, only 2 technics 1200mk5 turntables.
Most of the time I buy my records in a local recordstore, but sometimes online.
Check:

www.decks.de
www.deejay.de
www.juno.co.uk

and for the gemms and older stuff:

www.discogs.com

Good luck!
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

x0x wrote: Only thing I'm afraid of is that there might be some good release on digital only... .
did that not bother you when you were playing digital? the vinyl only releases.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

recommend ds2shop.co.uk for old gems , im trying to buy as much vinyl as i can
its all about the rhythm
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

I am myself lost.

So I don't buy anything anymore since several weeks.

:?

I like when a release I love is CD only or vinyl only, so I don't have to make a choice.

:)

Since I don't mix anymore, I tend to lose my passion for vinyls a little bit, as I rip the music and listen to it on my mp3 player more often than on my turntables.
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

I'm the same, went to just playing vinyl and now I have managed to swap a friend my traktor scratch and midi controller for 2 x cdj 800's :)

sorted!!