Funny thing about ricardo villalobos gear

- ask away
six_minds
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by six_minds »

Have the nay sayers ever actually heard what high end monitoring systems sound like?

For people who really care about subtlety and fidelity and who make their living/art working with audio, the ability to hear + feel everything is kind of priceless...
laza
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by laza »

yes i can hear that he is talented. but for some reason his music was never 'special' very musical or danceable to me and my ears and i could never understand why he (imo) is so highly overrated. but on the other hand somehow he makes a lot of people very happy, with what he does and thats something what makes a producer 'special' and i totally respect that. but you know dj tiesto does that too ;)
myspace.com/gergoemusic
myspace.com/schwarzweissmusik
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

laza wrote:but you know dj tiesto does that too ;)
FFS!
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

There is not much availabel on MP3 from Ricardo for a reason, he think thats the wrong way to experience musik with MP3 Players like IPod ect. you could read that in many Interviews. For the same reason he dont likes if sets are recorded. And of course for the same reason he dont produces for the ipod generation.

So the Question ist, why the hell want someone to hear his tracks on an portable mp3 player?

And for what possible reason should he adjust his tracks to that?

because its his duty to satisfy the music pirates?
laza
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by laza »

i know its not the case, but its sounds like an awfully bad excuse for not being able to make a decent mix! and lets not start a discussion about vinyl/mp3!!
at least there is no reason for him to not release waves, right? there some producer who can talk/do the biggest sh!t and the people still look up to them without even questioning it (sorry for my temper, i am hungarian ;)) and he is always coming up with this esoterical stuff...which is interesting but i would like to hear such high level productions engineered by him.

please, this is just my opinion. dont chop off my head because i am saying something bad about your hero :)
myspace.com/gergoemusic
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

after your last post its possible that there are some people that chop off your head !

i understand your fear of unquestioned dogmatism, but its not really the case here.

buy the vinyls and play them on a good soundsystem and you will here your high level productions. you dont have to like it, but you can trust the opinion of many producers in the world if it comes to ricardos past productions.
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

laza wrote:which is interesting but i would like to hear such high level productions engineered by him.
have you ever experienced his achso ep on cadenza or even the recent 'minimoonstarr' on a decent par of speakers/monitors/headphones? the man is clearly ahead of the game concerning the level of production engineering you talk about. really, it's a whole new level. ;)
laza
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by laza »

sorry. i still think he is overrated. there a lot of producers who come up to that level and i hope its clear that its not made/mixed/mastered only by himself?
but i guess it makes no sense shouting out my opinion since its not even the topic in the first place. sometimes i just cant hold myself :)

main thing is, there are a lot of fans enjoying his music so somehow he has do it right, its just not mine and i am not on board with him beeing an outstanding engineer.

myspace.com/gergoemusic