Funny thing about ricardo villalobos gear

- ask away
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

dubgil wrote:
victorgonzales wrote:fck that is ridiculous money for speakers. Nothing could sound that much better to justify tens of thousands in price difference.
exactly - what good is it if you have $40,000 speakers and then the rest of the world is listening to your work on earbuds? WTF?
You don't get it :?

You know, they make these movies for imax but you also can download them for your ipod touch. The guys that make the movie will work on a big system to get the full idea.

trust me, to make music on that kind of Ferrari is a personal pleasure as you can really work work subtle details and texture that yes, ipod can't reproduce. I guess if you're going to work in sound design, you might as well make it to the best you can. Then if you have a hifi sound system at home, you can get the full idea of his work.

I hope this clarify.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

pheek wrote:
dubgil wrote:
victorgonzales wrote:fck that is ridiculous money for speakers. Nothing could sound that much better to justify tens of thousands in price difference.
exactly - what good is it if you have $40,000 speakers and then the rest of the world is listening to your work on earbuds? WTF?
You don't get it :?

You know, they make these movies for imax but you also can download them for your ipod touch. The guys that make the movie will work on a big system to get the full idea.

trust me, to make music on that kind of Ferrari is a personal pleasure as you can really work work subtle details and texture that yes, ipod can't reproduce. I guess if you're going to work in sound design, you might as well make it to the best you can. Then if you have a hifi sound system at home, you can get the full idea of his work.

I hope this clarify.
+1

Buy a decent pair of monitors and you'll be surprised how good villalobos records sound.
laza
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by laza »

dont like his productions and telling me i need decent monitors to hear how good he is...is actually not a compliment for his skill.
myspace.com/gergoemusic
myspace.com/schwarzweissmusik
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

laza wrote:dont like his productions and telling me i need decent monitors to hear how good he is...is actually not a compliment for his skill.
uh?
of course it is
don't you need an appropriate glass to drink excellent wine?
Roqqert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Roqqert »

Sounds like making more money if you want to sell another expensive appropiate glass.....
laza
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by laza »

NO. good wine should taste good, even if you drink it out of the bottle.
myspace.com/gergoemusic
myspace.com/schwarzweissmusik
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

i see your point, you mean that a good production should sound good even on ipod earbuds, which is also correct.
but for me it depends on where the focus is, if the focus is in the interaction of frequencies and sound design, having a decent sound system can really make a big difference. that's one of the reasons why i go to clubs to listen to this music and it makes a totally different impression.

going back to wine, if you drink an old "chateau margot" straight from the bottle without decantation you loose over 50% of the taste...
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

laza wrote:dont like his productions and telling me i need decent monitors to hear how good he is...is actually not a compliment for his skill.
surely you must hear that he's an exceptionally talented music producer, even if you don't like his music. What don't you like about his production?