Demos

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

steevio wrote:
pheek wrote:
it is not true that a CD will bypass everything. Same story.
it is in my case, if someone bothers to contact me to get our address and posts a CD to me, i have a duty to listen.
its no big deal for me to listen to a CD while i'm washing the dishes.
Yeah I'm the same. When someone sends me a CD, it shows they have made an effort.
i would never release a record with a name on it just to attract attention to my label. it totally goes against my principles.
Ditto.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

steevio wrote:i would never release a record with a name on it just to attract attention to my label. it totally goes against my principles.
of course not, I mean: we have started more to ask artists that we like to do something for us. So on our next releases we will have something from Donk Boys, something from Cesare vs Disorder, Franco Cangelli's side project... f.e. I don't like Minus so I would never release something from a minus artist simply because 'it sells'.
We have put in roughly 5000 euro last year alone from our own pocket so at a certain point we just felt that we had done our part for the unknown artists and wanted to take the label to another level. That's all.

But I don't mean that you should start releasing whatever from any artist that you can afford, or that there will be no place for unknown artists.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

PsyTox wrote:
steevio wrote:i would never release a record with a name on it just to attract attention to my label. it totally goes against my principles.
of course not, I mean: we have started more to ask artists that we like to do something for us. So on our next releases we will have something from Donk Boys, something from Cesare vs Disorder, Franco Cangelli's side project... f.e. I don't like Minus so I would never release something from a minus artist simply because 'it sells'.
We have put in roughly 5000 euro last year alone from our own pocket so at a certain point we just felt that we had done our part for the unknown artists and wanted to take the label to another level. That's all.

But I don't mean that you should start releasing whatever from any artist that you can afford, or that there will be no place for unknown artists.
i wasnt saying you would mate, but there are labels who do that.

i think my point was that it doesnt bother me that people look for names when buying music, thats the way its always been unfortunately, i just prefer to stay well clear of that commercial scene.
its quite easy to forget that our music is actually very undergound compared to say the indie or the big club anthem market.
slickrick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by slickrick »

And what about a nice little story with a Soundcloud link?
You can easily skip through the tracks..and you don't have to download the whole thing...

Recently 2 of my tracks got signed this way... 8)
Elektric Salsa
xxmmxx
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by xxmmxx »

patrick bateman wrote:
SHAP wrote:CDs are physical, you cant just delete them like an email.
But if you just send a cd with an email address on, then this is the same thing as sending just a link. Write a little letter please.
(and cd's can be thrown out quite easily )
SHAP wrote:But if you do email, i would get myself some webspace and load my tracks to there, then send links. Rapidshare etc. just take time and energy for the labels.
That is for sure the best thing when we can just click a link and stream the track, so we don't have to download etc. There are services where this is possible, so you don't need your own webspace.
SHAP wrote:Yes, and waiting is important. People would be pissed off finding out you already released a track you sent as a demo to them first and might not wanna work with you in the future.
Naa, I wouldn't say that. This is what happens. We all know that people are not sending to 1 label only, so this can of course happen. I don't see the big problem in this one.
SHAP wrote:I think italiens are the worst :P
heard about this one guy who sent one mail to 250 labels, but did'nt put them on BCC. Then everyone started to write each other emails about him being an idiot
:)
You are more right than you think :?
Patrick you really must be quite a lonely person to be wanting all this 'little letter' business. I got signed on numberous occasions with by doing nothing more than sending a yousendit link in an email and a brieft hello to the label. I am a musician, not some historian that goes out of his way to do research into some non exsistent underground and beg for some stuck up person to listen to my stuff. Yes being a producer is competitive, but same deal for labels. Don't like my stuff? I have an infinite amount of other avenues I could publish my music.

My advice to people out there is to just do what you want. Take people's advice but take it with a grain of salt. There are no rules.
SHAP
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SHAP »

xxmmxx wrote: There are no rules.
Thats a point- It's not the same person you always have to do with, different personalitys and mentalitys. I'm not sure if everyone would like to know so much about the person like you, Pheek.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

SHAP wrote:
xxmmxx wrote: There are no rules.
Thats a point- It's not the same person you always have to do with, different personalitys and mentalitys. I'm not sure if everyone would like to know so much about the person like you, Pheek.
Well if what i say doesn't mean anything to you, then forget about it. I just though someone asked advices and so, I shared.

I'm surprised by this comment coming from you :?

Of course, there is no rule and many people made their way in their own way. But my experience with the label brought me one lesson: human contact is something that helps, which is what I'm trying to share here.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

pheek wrote:
Of course, there is no rule and many people made their way in their own way. But my experience with the label brought me one lesson: human contact is something that helps, which is what I'm trying to share here.
+1