RELEASE DATE (BEATPORT EXCLUSIVE): 13/07/2009

TRACKLIST:

01. Jun Akimoto - SwitchStyle
02. Jun Akimoto & Yoshitaca - Module
03. Yoshitaca – Heavy Cake
04. Yoshitaca – Palm Branch

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR SOUND CLIPS

http://www.ml-limited.com/Jun&Yoshi_player/index.html

Two talented new artists from Japan have unleashed an EP of space funk from the future on Metroline Limited.
Jun Akimoto and Yoshitaca, residents DJs at the Tokyo/London club night Fasten Musique Concrete, bring together four heavy-hitting club tracks on the Musique Concrete EP.
Jun Akimoto’s SwitchStyle is a, high-impact, percussion-led track with a bassline that Bootsy Collins would be proud of. As it progresses, the tune builds and builds, adding layers of claps, hats and toms, while pads and samples fizz and fly over the top.
Jun jazzes things up a little with Module. Laid back percussion, jazz fills and a simple, driving rhythm build up combine to floorfilling effect. The bassline is subtle and introduced without fanfare. But when it hits, you feel it – custom built to keep energy levels up.
Listening to Yoshitaca’s Heavy Cake is a bit like eating one. It’s tasty and full of ingredients. And it leaves you with a warm, satisfied feeling in your belly.
Palm Branch is just too damn funky. Yoshitaca blends fantastically punchy samba percussion, crunchy claps and tight kicks give this tune so much momentum, you really can’t help but move to it.
phiorio
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by phiorio »

a bit of dj feedback to bump

Elon (Clink): very nice ep... will play it for sure. :)
Douglas Fugazi (Medellinstyle.com): Musique Concrete is a fresh slice of demented funk, a combo of skittering percussion, moaning ghosts and atonal chimes. This two guys are new for me, but they have a giggly and springy feel to it with it's slightly shuffled and layered rhythms full of the most carefully placed intricacies which fill only the spaces necessary to achieve the desired smiley affect.
Franco Bianco (Multivitamins, Hypercolour, Dilek) : This release is SUPERCOOL!!! Im in love with “Switch Style”. Full support.
Marco (Italoboyz): Japan is number one, and this is one of my favotrite Metroline’s
Alex Tomb: Nice smooth productions for the summer! I really like "Heavy Cake"!
Agaric (We are): Good stuff, will be playing this one over the weekend :)
Ly Jeesenberger (Drumpoet Community): Hi, thanks for hitting me back with this one.My favorite track is "Switch Style". I see it more as a DJ tool, it has nice beats.
Miguel Tutera: "heavy cake" the best track for me. "swich style" the second on this ep.4 of 5.nice music from jun akimoto & yoshitaca.
Luca Ortega: switch style is my fav,, thanks!
Doubtingthomas: Great release. i like it...
Ryaz Khan (Chry FM Toronto): "Very strong release! All tracks are SOLID productions as they kept my interest peaked all the way through - HEAVY CAKE is my overall fave with its hiccupy vocal edit and hypnotic groove - well done for releasing this ep"
Masomenos: Sounds great!
Matt Tolfrey (Leftroom, Cocoon): Palm Branch is the mega jam, will be playing this alot this summer!!!
David Squillace: Nice one on Switch Style!
phiorio
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by phiorio »