Joris Voorn Interview

- open
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Joris Voorn Interview

Post by Michael^Heaven »

Do you still beatmatch?

No I don’t do any pitching at all. All my tracks have beat markers and the computer beatmatches for me.

People say that’s not the true essence of DJing. Beatmatching is something DJs should do.

What is the definition of DJing? That is a question that we, as a scene, are trying to answer now.

I’ll admit it did feel quite awkward when I stood on stage for the first time after so many years of playing CDs and vinyl, and didn’t have to beatmatch. I suddenly had a lot more time on my hands. The weird thing is that people think DJing is beatmatching. But by letting the computer take care of timing, you can concentrate on the music
http://www.beatportal.com/feed/item/wha ... ris-voorn/
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
JCH
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JCH »

The old 1200 vs traktor topic................

Joris Voorn can defend his view on djing. Joris use technology to be more creative. Pete Tong do not.

Different view from Jeff Mills:

http://www.eq-mag.co.uk/jeffmills.html
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

thanks for the jeff mills interview! wow..speechless
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

great jeff mills interview.. thxalot
good_god
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by good_god »

great interview.

i have to say though, the "60 records in your bag" thing works fine when you're building a set from loopy abstracted techno beats...which i love...but if you're playing something with more melody and instrumentation in a diverse set, then more options are essential. many more imo.

as far as the beat matching thing, i agree with him. my brain buys all of the arguments against this kind of 'puritanical' stance, but i can't help but feel Mr Mills is 100% right on this.