a track i share to you

- open
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by lostinmusiq »

a prickly problem that i have often discuss with some friends of mine ...

there are tons of crap releases which i don´t like on the one hand but on the other hand there are people which like this crap sound therefore i think it is also a matter of taste ... so don´t listen to that sh!t ;)

as for me i´m very pretentious & particular with musiq 8)

I´M AGAINST THIS OVERSUPPLY
HEFTY
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by HEFTY »

marking for later amusement
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

ummm... this might be why people like Agnes and Martinez have backed off the cracked out bleepy minimal thing and gone back to producing stuff closer to the old house roots.
"If you play minimal all night or electro, it's going to get really boring."

Steve Bug
Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Luis Isaac »

I think this post is very well exposed by Juanm2t, it is very good to generate some controversy about the lack of quality in most of music released. We as a musicians and producers are to develope some sense of taste on people. Mcdonald's is the biggest restaurant although there is this big crisis it continues growing up, and it is the most succesfull food bussines in the world. There is this a big paralelism with reasoning that if people dances to easy music then easy music is good.
In the cinema industry you can see there are many mechanisms to regulate the quality of the productions, then allows to undertake some producers that lived their time or elevate newbies. Then it creates a sense of quality and the most important consumers believing in these products/artists keeping the scene alive.
Electronic music is far behind that. In my country it is an art not well accepted or integrated in society. There are no schools, no awards, not recognition... This is the price we pay because this big lack of good taste.

Pd what I mean with good taste it is not the need to be any specific style minimal, house...whatever. Sometimes I find good dance mainstream music tunes sometimes it can be electronic polka.
sorry my lack of English