Here's a crazy idea - DJs we need your mixes

- open
stooned
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Here's a crazy idea - DJs we need your mixes

Post by stooned »

Here's a crazy idea - 2 music-obsessed nutters are driving from London to Mongolia this summer in aid of Save The Children. That's 10,000 miles of potholes, deserts, AK47s and dodgy borders.

They're delivering a rescue vehicle to a charity out there and donating a load of educational materials and clothing, while raising as much money as possible for Save The Children.

To help them get there they're asking for DJs from all over the world to submit mixes for them to listen to non-stop all the way there. That's 800+ hours of driving time and we want to fill it with your mixes! We're asking for at least £1 from each DJ towards the cause.

We've had hundreds uploaded already, and all of them will be podcasted in sequence once we leave.

Head to http://www.mongolianmixtapemarathon.com to find out more and upload your mix
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Cool idea! I'll submit a mix tomorrow!
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

sh!t, if I had 800 hours of good tunes, I'd drive from here to Siberia... I love a good road trip with a solid set of music.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

I was going to submit a mix but needed to make a donation first . Only afterwards you receive a code with which you can upload your set. Sadly 2 days after I made my donation and till now I havent received my code and even after mailing I get no response.

Scam??
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

maybe... I just wonder, are these guys really going to listen to the mixes? What if they get like 400 hours of Hi-NRG dance :lol:
stooned
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stooned »

Celltek wrote:I was going to submit a mix but needed to make a donation first . Only afterwards you receive a code with which you can upload your set. Sadly 2 days after I made my donation and till now I havent received my code and even after mailing I get no response.

Scam??
hey celltek - did you email support@mongolianmixtapemarathon.com ?

that's our coder, but he's quite busy and bad at replying at emails. drop me your details at info@mongolianmixtapemarathon.com and i'll try and sort you out!
stooned
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stooned »

miroslav wrote:maybe... I just wonder, are these guys really going to listen to the mixes? What if they get like 400 hours of Hi-NRG dance :lol:
please nooooooooooooo!

my co-driver is a minimal fiend so he's praying for more minimal - help him out!
stooned
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stooned »

just 3 days til we leave!

get your mixes in people :-)