[Siteholder UnCut] Donk Boys - Hold Me Tight

- only
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[Siteholder UnCut] Donk Boys - Hold Me Tight

Post by Brian Ffar »

SITEHOLDER UNCUT

Following the success of Siteholder Records, the Chicago based trio of Billy Dalessandro, Brian Ffar, and Daniel Mnookin turn things up a notch with Siteholder UnCut – a digital sub-label currently sold exclusively through Beatport. Featuring the edgier side of techno that initially established the roots for modern day tech house and minimal techno, expect a riskier sound from a wider range of artists (both well known and up and coming) that is bound to please both one’s aural senses as well as a packed dance floor. If Siteholder is any indication of what these Chicago natives have to offer the electronic music global community, UnCut will only serve to further establish a well rounded foundation of serious beats combined with heady intoxication.

Artist: Donk Boys
Title: Hold Me Tight
Format: Digital
Cat. No.: SHUC025
Release Date: AVAILABLE ON FRIDAY, June 19, 2009 @ Beatport

————— Tracks ——–——

1 Hold Me Tight (Original)
2 Hold Me Tight (Slutbox Remix)
3 Sharpening The Knives

HOLD ME TIGHT
Unable to resist the temptation to “put a donk on it,” Siteholder UnCut teams up with Swedish duo Donk Boys again for their second release on the Chicago based digital label. And “put a donk on it” they do, delivering two fresh, funky, and ferocious tunes.

“Hold Me Tight” and “Sharpening The Knives” are not “at home listening.” They are indisputably intended for nightclubs, and more specifically the dance floor - showcasing mind-melting tweaks that have become synonymous with the Donk Boy’s sound. Coming off of spectacular releases on highly respected labels Dirtybird, Frankie, and Trapez, the timing couldn’t be better for a Donk/Siteholder reunion.

Slutbox duo Billy Dalessandro and Daniel Mnookin return from a brief hiatus to leave their mark on UnCut’s 25th release. Coming off of “Backseat Driver” (which made its way onto Marco Carola’s Time Warp Compilation), the pair churn out an extended remix of “Hold Me Tight” that clocks in at just over 10 minutes and was recorded live in one take.

Donk Boys, Slutbox, and Siteholder…did somebody say threesome?
Dantron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Donk Boys - Hold Me Tight EP [SHUC025]

Post by Dantron »

OUT NOW: https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/con ... Me%20Tight

Donk Boys – Hold Me Tight EP (SHUC025) FEEDBACK:

Acid Circus (Droid Behavior) – “Always love the Donk Boys’ stuff, sh!t I just played one of their tracks last night! Diggin’ all the mixes on this one. ‘Hold Me Tight’ is good, the old school synth is cool, a little goofy, but overall the track is fun, will get the crowd movin’. The cut of choice is ‘Sharpening The Knives,’ fat zaps, nagging synths, and a catchy vocal…will play all of them.”

Alland Byallo ([Kontrol] / Liebe*Detail / Nightlight Music) – “Slutbox remix, ‘nuff said. Red Sea techno, don't you forget that sh!t. ‘Sharpening The Knives’ is damn solid too. I'm gonna play that one when I'm well pissed off and hangin’ with my boy Jameson.

Andrew Grant (Barraca Music / Circoloco) – “I am feeling all of the mixes.”

Chris Fortier (Fade / 40oz. / EQ Grey) – “Original is great. Thanks!”

Claude Von Stroke (Dirtybird / Mothership) – “Donk Boys rule! Hot sh!t!”

Dave Martin (Immigrant / Technique) – “Slutbox mix is great! Like ‘Sharpening The Knives’ too. You cheeky rascals!”

DJ Emerson (freakWaves / Kiddaz.fm / Sub Static) – “Yeah I like this…hella good! Full support from Berlin…UnCut keeps making da good stuff!”

Drumcell (Droid Behavior) – “Really love the Slutbox remix A LOT...will be dropping this one tuff!”

Expander (Soniculture) – “Slutbox do the job, well done!”

FC Shuttle (Harry Klein) – “‘Hold Me Tight’ remix…sharp like…you! Without joking, ‘Hold Me F-ing Tight’ for sure!”

Italoboyz (Get Physical Music / Mothership) - “The Slutbox remix is a super groovy funky march, which I love!”

Jeremy P. Caulfield (Dumb-Unit) – “Great tracks!”

JNX (Alphahouse) – “Slutbox Remix is the jam!”

Martin Abrahamsson of Donk Boys (Frankie Rec. / Trapez) – “Slutbox remix kicks ASS! And our tracks too, of course ; )”

Martin Landsky (Dessous / Poker Flat) – “I like ‘Hold Me Tight’ and the Slutbox remix too.”

Monika Kruse (Terminal M) – “Nice! Thanks!”

Nicolas Duvoisin (Musique Unique Rec. / We Are Records) – “I will play for sure the ‘Hold Me Tight’ (Slutbox remix).”

Nikola Baytala (Kontrol / Robsoul) – “‘Sharpening The Knives’!!!”

Paco Osuna (Mindshake / Plus8) – “Nice EP.”

Patrick Bateman (Connect Four / Tic Tac Toe) – “Original of ‘Hold Me Tight’ is cool! Yeah! Bouncing!”

Paul Corey (209 Radio / Machinesarefunky) – “Swinging stuff! Will play on tomorrow’s show.”

Sascha Krohn (Dreielf Recordings / Kiddaz.fm) – “I like ‘Sharpening The Knives’!!!”

Sean O’Neal a.k.a. Someone Else (Foundsound / Microcosm / Tuning Spork) – “This one is interesting. Fun-ness. Diggin’ the remix, definitely my favorite track on there.”

Tyler Stadius (Fabric) – “Love these. Super sick, tight and bouncy. Just wish more clubs had better sound systems to do them justice.”

Xpansul (Discos De Lata / Plus 8 / Trapez) – “‘Hold Me Tight’ is great. Will play for sure.”
Last edited by Dantron on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

sharpening the knives is a great one
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
alexx.wolfe
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by alexx.wolfe »

great stuff 8)
http://www.myspace.com/alexxwolfe

http://www.myspace.com/suigenerizrecords

IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE FREE SONGS AND UPDATED NEWSLETTER FROM OUR RECORD LABEL, JUST GO TO OUR MYSPACE PAGE AND SUBSCRIBE TO OR NEWSLETTER
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

yea, and megathanks to slutbox for the killerremix!
v-sexion
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by v-sexion »

another superb ep from siteholder.
full support in this one :)