Ecler nuo 2.0

- open
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

cloutier wrote:
miniKAT wrote:The zero4 is good, i mean the sound quality and features for the price... so i dont know what u talkin about.
i personally think all those korg mixers have zero warmth and sound really digital. there's a reason they're so cheap. they fall in the same realm as numark and behringer mixers.
well comparing to the behringer and numark trash is going a bit too far. u can get it to sound right if u mess with it for a bit. have u even tried it? I wanted a mixer that was traktor certified and under 700.
I am about to get a new one, maybe the evo5.

most people are playing digital anyways. u want analog, play records (not that theres anything wrong with that)

on this

Last edited by miniKAT on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

a) traktor certified? the flying fck is that? you can plug serato / traktor / etc. in to any mixer in the world without a problem. that sounds like the biggest load of bullshit i've heard in a long ass time. talk about a way to sucker people in to buying stuff.

b) yes, i have played with them. i used to work at turntable.lab, and we would demo and test every single thing that came through the warehouse so we could accurately help customers. and the general consensus was it was a piece of crap.

c) if your assessment is "you only need an analog mixer to play vinyl," you really don't have a firm grasp of how all that sh!t works in the grand scheme of things. you throw a pile of sh!t mixer on a good sound system, its going to make your vinyl sound bad and your digital sound terrible. there's a reason that most clubs only use certain mixers, and its not because they're functional and reliable, but its because they don't make everything sound flat and crappy.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

cloutier wrote:a) traktor certified? the flying fck is that? you can plug serato / traktor / etc. in to any mixer in the world without a problem. that sounds like the biggest load of bullshit i've heard in a long a$$ time. talk about a way to sucker people in to buying stuff.

b) yes, i have played with them. i used to work at turntable.lab, and we would demo and test every single thing that came through the warehouse so we could accurately help customers. and the general consensus was it was a piece of crap.

c) if your assessment is "you only need an analog mixer to play vinyl," you really don't have a firm grasp of how all that sht works in the grand scheme of things. you throw a pile of sht mixer on a good sound system, its going to make your vinyl sound bad and your digital sound terrible. there's a reason that most clubs only use certain mixers, and its not because they're functional and reliable, but its because they don't make everything sound flat and crappy.
U used to work at turntable lab and u telling me that i could play timecodes on any mixer. U must of got fired, dogs

Relax, bro, its not that serious. u gettin too deep into it. I heard guys bang it out on not so great systems or mixers, and they didnt make excuses. if u can rock, u can rock regardless. and if u cant, then the best mixer and the best DA converters wont help u.

Ur very emotional about ur electronics.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

miniKAT wrote:U used to work at turntable lab and u telling me that i could play timecodes on any mixer. U must of got fired, dogs

the mixer has absolutely nothing to do with the timecode vinyl. i'd love for you to give me your theory on that one.

also, banging it out has nothing to do with the sound quality. i've heard some of the best sets of my life on systems that leave a lot to be desired. the set was phenominal, thus banging it out, but the system itself did not bang out anything but a bunch of shitty, distorted bass and some uncomfortable midrange.

miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

cloutier wrote:
miniKAT wrote:U used to work at turntable lab and u telling me that i could play timecodes on any mixer. U must of got fired, dogs

the mixer has absolutely nothing to do with the timecode vinyl. i'd love for you to give me your theory on that one.

also, banging it out has nothing to do with the sound quality. i've heard some of the best sets of my life on systems that leave a lot to be desired. the set was phenominal, thus banging it out, but the system itself did not bang out anything but a bunch of shitty, distorted bass and some uncomfortable midrange.

Of course it does, if u have the right mixer. U know how u need a seratto box or one of those audio8 DJ interfaces to use timecodes, well with a Traktor certified mixer, u dont need that, u can plug the turntables directly into the mixer. Theres a few mixers like that. http://www.native-instruments.com/index ... ertified_u

I know theyre comming up with ways around that but they re quite suspect for the moment and still require to get an interface.

As for the shitty system. What does that have to do with a mixer. I believe i said with a mixer.

We're taking over this kid's thread with this nonsense, he just wanted to get a good mixer, I believe I even agreed with u. U wanna talk sh!t. I got till 5.
What are u really upset about? get it out
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

miniKAT wrote:Of course it does, if u have the right mixer. U know how u need a seratto box or one of those audio8 DJ interfaces to use timecodes, well with a Traktor certified mixer, u dont need that, u can plug the turntables directly into the mixer. Theres a few mixers like that.
right. that's all swell and all...

but what happens when you want to play out and the place you play doesn't have that mixer? you're going to drag yours around with you every time because you don't physically own a serato box or an audio.8 interface?

sh!t is stellar if you're just tooling around with playing music at home, but if you want to play out...have fun borrowing the interface from your friends all the time.

miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

cloutier wrote:
miniKAT wrote:Of course it does, if u have the right mixer. U know how u need a seratto box or one of those audio8 DJ interfaces to use timecodes, well with a Traktor certified mixer, u dont need that, u can plug the turntables directly into the mixer. Theres a few mixers like that.

but what happens when you want to play out and the place you play doesn't have that mixer? you're going to drag yours around with you every time because you don't physically own a serato box or an audio.8 interface?

sht is stellar if you're just tooling around with playing music at home, but if you want to play out...have fun borrowing the interface from your friends all the time.
Aha, so say " I was Wrong"

oh...I would just use a controller to control the decks and reg audio interface
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

miniKAT wrote:
cloutier wrote:

sht is stellar if you're just tooling around with playing music at home, but if you want to play out...have fun borrowing the interface from your friends all the time.
Aha, so say " I was Wrong"
pfff :roll: