Re: Stickies in the Vinyl section

- open
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

I don't really think the vinyl stickies is such a great idea. Just because John Cleese has a preference for a record doesn't mean the rest of mnml.nl shares the same opinion. If there was a general consensus that a new record is some amazing future classic, maybe it's a different story. But last I checked this is a community website, and not a moderator's blog of found sh!t. Many people have their own blogs, twitter accounts, and more that promote their favorite new music but they don't sticky releases here on the forum. I think it's an abuse of moderation powers personally.

To be honest, it doesn't bother me so much but if there is a topic regarding the issue I'll voice my opinion.
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

miniKAT wrote:
Celltek wrote:
apanell wrote:
miniKAT wrote:Damn, ok, so I guess my Mnml remix of Soulja-boy Tell'ems "Turn my Swag on" will have to earn its keep on its own, huh?
i wanna hear this if your for real
+1
I was, but now that I thought of it, thats not a bad Idea. could work, no?

I like to mix some hip hop trax with techno, sometimes. quite a bit of 90's hip-hop and todays has minimal type beats. (like classic WU). Better term might be hip hop minimal, I'm probably not making any sense....umm. well.ok heres an example http://soundcloud.com/mkat/mkat-its-my-go, at around 10:30 is a remix of Ol Dirty...I dont know if anyone else ever noticed this in hip-hop, but they're getting more and more techno-ish nowadays with the beats
nice mix,
the ol' dirty part reminded me of this, that came out recently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3tJABlKj-I
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

apanell wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
Celltek wrote:
apanell wrote:
miniKAT wrote:Damn, ok, so I guess my Mnml remix of Soulja-boy Tell'ems "Turn my Swag on" will have to earn its keep on its own, huh?
i wanna hear this if your for real
+1
I was, but now that I thought of it, thats not a bad Idea. could work, no?

I like to mix some hip hop trax with techno, sometimes. quite a bit of 90's hip-hop and todays has minimal type beats. (like classic WU). Better term might be hip hop minimal, I'm probably not making any sense....umm. well.ok heres an example http://soundcloud.com/mkat/mkat-its-my-go, at around 10:30 is a remix of Ol Dirty...I dont know if anyone else ever noticed this in hip-hop, but they're getting more and more techno-ish nowadays with the beats
nice mix,
the ol' dirty part reminded me of this, that came out recently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3tJABlKj-I
Thanx, didnt know there was such a genre as hip house. :roll:

I used the old dirty track cause what hes saying could be directed at the clubscene or technoscene or DJs in general. and because thats my favorite of the album (whole albums slammin, really). use to bump that sh!t in 96.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:I don't really think the vinyl stickies is such a great idea. Just because John Cleese has a preference for a record doesn't mean the rest of mnml.nl shares the same opinion. If there was a general consensus that a new record is some amazing future classic, maybe it's a different story. But last I checked this is a community website, and not a moderator's blog of found sht. Many people have their own blogs, twitter accounts, and more that promote their favorite new music but they don't sticky releases here on the forum. I think it's an abuse of moderation powers personally.

To be honest, it doesn't bother me so much but if there is a topic regarding the issue I'll voice my opinion.
+1
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

::BLM:: wrote:
Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:I don't really think the vinyl stickies is such a great idea. Just because John Cleese has a preference for a record doesn't mean the rest of mnml.nl shares the same opinion. If there was a general consensus that a new record is some amazing future classic, maybe it's a different story. But last I checked this is a community website, and not a moderator's blog of found sht. Many people have their own blogs, twitter accounts, and more that promote their favorite new music but they don't sticky releases here on the forum. I think it's an abuse of moderation powers personally.

+1
I, of course, is happy that one of our releases is sticky, but besides that I agree with the above.. It also apply for the dj mix section in my opinion (well for the whole board)...
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

::BLM:: wrote:

+1
what he said.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

john cleese ^^^^
Just because John Cleese has a preference for a record doesn't mean the rest of mnml.nl shares the same opinion.
well I'll surly hope not and it's not suppose to be the opinion of (everyone) else. what gave you that idea exactly..? yes this is a community that is why everyone can post their opinion in each thread.

again, I'm just trying to utilize the board and give a little attention to certain things. nothing more / nothing less..

I've also spend a lot more of my time than any other mod or admin. If I choose to share stickies with not so well known dj(s) or artist(s) for that matter and have some fun that is my choice. I don't need your blessings to do so. trying to dig for a deep meaning from someone who has been a complete jerk to many of our users is humorous. I'm truely not sure why your taking this personal other than the fact that you and I have words many times before.

not everyone will agree and that is perfectly fine..

the internet is soooooooo serious : my god you guys sound like

a bunch of old ladies at a bingo hall...