Dub Techno

- open
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:
Del wrote:I only enjoy and appreciate listening to dub techno on vinyl. There's something not right about listening to the digital format imo. Probably just personal taste. Hmm and it sounds better during winter time too :)
Its all in your head man. You have been brainwashed by people with vested interest in the vinyl industry.
:lol:

Sorry mate, just personal preference. No brain washing here ;)
trc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by trc »

miniMAL_420 wrote:What about rhythm & sound, basic channel.... etc?
because i'm looking for stuff like the track i linked in my original post
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

Just picked this up, its in the same vein.. a bit more chilled out though.

http://www.discogs.com/Dubatech-Havante ... se/1645899
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Kiani wrote:
trc wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
trc wrote:
miniKAT wrote:Try Dj Slip (theres a few of them, The one i'm talkin about is from the MidWest), he's a little oldskool, but still great, kinda ahead of his time.
bit too dated for my liking tbh
Are u saying u wouldnt like it just because of the date it was made?

well, up to u, I like to stick to the classic as much as new stuff (a lot of new stuff tends to sound all the same). Honestly I never knew that the video u put up was considered Dub techno, I mean that in the way that I though that was just techno, maybe on the minimal side. I heard that type of techno quite a lot (like it), just cant think of anyone particular on the spot

Edit: Pablo Bolivar, Alka-rex (also minimal, but dubby too), a few I thought off
no, i listened to some of his tracks on beatport and none of them were really doing it for me. i don't care when a track was released, it's just that when it comes to techno my tastes are more suited to the modern sounding stuff.

i dunno whether that track is strictly considered dub techno (maybe its not dubby enough...i dunno) but it's definately techno that has dub elements to it. just listening to some of pablo bolivar's stuff and it sounds much more like what i'm looking for
Search for `every time it takes a while` by dj slip

one of my favourite tracks of all-time
I have 2 of his records from 97-98, "never look back kid" and another one I can remember right now. I'll check that one out. He was doing the minimal thing back in the day
masterpiece
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by masterpiece »

Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

miniKAT wrote:
Kiani wrote:
trc wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
trc wrote: bit too dated for my liking tbh
Are u saying u wouldnt like it just because of the date it was made?

well, up to u, I like to stick to the classic as much as new stuff (a lot of new stuff tends to sound all the same). Honestly I never knew that the video u put up was considered Dub techno, I mean that in the way that I though that was just techno, maybe on the minimal side. I heard that type of techno quite a lot (like it), just cant think of anyone particular on the spot

Edit: Pablo Bolivar, Alka-rex (also minimal, but dubby too), a few I thought off
no, i listened to some of his tracks on beatport and none of them were really doing it for me. i don't care when a track was released, it's just that when it comes to techno my tastes are more suited to the modern sounding stuff.

i dunno whether that track is strictly considered dub techno (maybe its not dubby enough...i dunno) but it's definately techno that has dub elements to it. just listening to some of pablo bolivar's stuff and it sounds much more like what i'm looking for

I have 2 of his records from 97-98, "never look back kid" and another one I can remember right now. I'll check that one out. He was doing the minimal thing back in the day
i can`t listen to your sample here, but you should also try jens zimmermann, very cool sound

and have a look at releases on ostgut ton!
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Kiani wrote:
miniKAT wrote:
Kiani wrote:
trc wrote:
miniKAT wrote: Are u saying u wouldnt like it just because of the date it was made?

i can`t listen to your sample here, but you should also try jens zimmermann, very cool sound

and have a look at releases on ostgut ton!
What sample?

I have lots of Zimmerman, play his stuff on some of my mixes. I believe I have some ostgut releases too.
bubbleguuuum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Dub Techno

Post by bubbleguuuum »

trc wrote:been getting into this side of techno recently. i've already been the more dark and moody stuff is what is really floating my boat at the moment. like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSm_9exoLtM
try Pendle Coven