Best Advice You Could Give off The Top of Your Head

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

and for a practical piece of advice. I deleted almost all the presets in my software yesterday. It felt very nice.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

[quote="oblioblioblio"][/quote]

actually though having said all that the lines are really very blurry.

Using samples/presets etc etc, even if using them in a very free way, it is still a form of imitation.

Now I don;t know what to think.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

of course everyone is influenced by all the good music they have ever heard, quite often deeply subliminally.

but theres a big difference between that and deconstructing and mimicing.

all i take exeception to, is someone saying it always must be done that way, and someone who is encouraging exploration is told he is giving the worst advice ever.

thats all.

most of the advice on here is bang on.
Roqqert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Roqqert »

when you were a child.... how did you learn how to speak ? ... right you copyed your parents..... THO you speak the same words/language doesnt mean you say the same.

besides that...

my own tip :

get inspired.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Roqqert wrote:when you were a child.... how did you learn how to speak ? ... right you copyed your parents..... THO you speak the same words/language doesnt mean you say the same.

besides that...

my own tip :

get inspired.
yeah but when youre a child thats what your programmed to do.
when youre an adult you have the mental faculties to make decisions about what and how you want to learn.

i've never deconstructed or mimiced any EDM, and yet i can manage to knock up some tunes, and i'm sure theres thousands of other musicians out there the same. my influences have all been absorbed while out raving.
i believe in learning and understanding the production process by absorbing technical information / reading manuals, and trial and error experimentation / tweaking knobs.
but i wouldnt say that deconstruction is wrong, its just a different approach. theres no right or wrong way.
Kozak
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Kozak »

Try to avoid frustration it will block your creativity (not always but most of the time). If something doesn't work for you or you feel dead inside just take a few days off and come back with a reset mind.

Listen to different kinds of music to keep an open mind.
Kozak
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Kozak »

Very good advices BTW!