a track i share to you

- open
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

I wouldn't say it was too pretentious around here at all.

But this particuler thread is :roll:
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I was only on the wind up ;) The only post I read in this entire thread was the one before mine.

I visit about three different boards and enjoy this one the most. Even though I'm young, it still feels like this board is a load of adults talking in an adult manor which is what I really like. Well apart from the increase use of the word 'BOMB'. (-)
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

::BLM:: wrote:I was only on the wind up ;) The only post I read in this entire thread was the one before mine.

I visit about three different boards and enjoy this one the most. Even though I'm young, it still feels like this board is a load of adults talking in an adult manor which is what I really like. Well apart from the increase use of the word 'BOMB'. (-)
oh not to worry, i was just having a laugh too, trying to work in spousal abuse into an arguement about pretension might be an internet low point.

thats the funny thing about a board like this, everyone is just pretty much text and a few ideas, and if people go on a lot or whatever they can probably seem real tedious but in real life they could be real down to earth, normal company.
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

:::fart:::
- matt
alexx.wolfe
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by alexx.wolfe »

infernal.techno wrote::::fart:::
:lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.myspace.com/alexxwolfe

http://www.myspace.com/suigenerizrecords

IF YOU WANT TO RECEIVE FREE SONGS AND UPDATED NEWSLETTER FROM OUR RECORD LABEL, JUST GO TO OUR MYSPACE PAGE AND SUBSCRIBE TO OR NEWSLETTER
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

The reason that so much cheese or crap comes out now, is because everyone and their mother is a producer now due to things like ableton and reason (and I'm not knocking software). Before digital and beatport and all that sh!t it wasnt like that. It wasnt easy to make a record (literally) and get it out there, as it is now.
I think if u are djing with digital means (Traktor , ableton), the tracks or parts of them (even the cheesy ones) can and should be used to create ur own stuff when ur playing, at least thats what I try to do. I still see a lot of people just crossfading from one track to another using traktor or even worse, ableton. Once again I'm not knocking software,I use it, digital saves u a lot of time that u would spend beatmatching or looking for records, etc...So USE that time wisely...Do something, create, "flip the cheese"...IMO
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

miniKAT wrote:The reason that so much cheese or crap comes out now, is because everyone and their mother is a producer now due to things like ableton and reason (and I'm not knocking software). Before digital and beatport and all that sht it wasnt like that. It wasnt easy to make a record (literally) and get it out there, as it is now.
I think if u are djing with digital means (Traktor , ableton), the tracks or parts of them (even the cheesy ones) can and should be used to create ur own stuff when ur playing, at least thats what I try to do. I still see a lot of people just crossfading from one track to another using traktor or even worse, ableton. Once again I'm not knocking software,I use it, digital saves u a lot of time that u would spend beatmatching or looking for records, etc...So USE that time wisely...Do something, create, "flip the cheese"...IMO
I disagree. In the 80's loads of wannabee producers went out and bought drum machines etc... and started making music. There has always been crap music thoughtout the years.

It has nothing to do with music programs, its more to do with the digital age. I cant tell you how many demo's we recieve that we turn down and then later see them on BP on some digital label.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

::BLM:: wrote:
miniKAT wrote:The reason that so much cheese or crap comes out now, is because everyone and their mother is a producer now due to things like ableton and reason (and I'm not knocking software). Before digital and beatport and all that sht it wasnt like that. It wasnt easy to make a record (literally) and get it out there, as it is now.
I disagree. In the 80's loads of wannabee producers went out and bought drum machines etc... and started making music. There has always been crap music thoughtout the years.

It has nothing to do with music programs, its more to do with the digital age. I cant tell you how many demo's we recieve that we turn down and then later see them on BP on some digital label.
Actually u are agreeing...crap music will be made, regarldess, always...the fact is, it wasnt making it on the market in the 80' 90's, the way it is today, because it wasnt as easy.
And it has everything to do with software. Cause u can make a track without investing any dough. Just download the software on the net.
How would u do that back in the day. Go to the store and boost a 909? Slim chance...
What I'm saying is if u (or me for that matter) are claiming to be a dj and have talent then cheesy music out there should not stand in ur way. With todays digital djing, the possibilities are endless of what one can do...Turn Cheese into Butter.