mp3 player help

- open
pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

Krul wrote:
pre-amp tango wrote:yep, go for cowon - i have one for 2 years now (d2) and the battery still lasts for 50 hours+. well, i have only 4 gb but that's enough for me.

btw, the main reason for me for getting a cowon was the line-in recording facility.
looks very nice actually... how much does it cost? can't find a price anywhere on their website.
i paid 160 € through ebay / bought it directly from cowon (was a promo item used for reviewing by someone and got sent back to cowon) plus a 10er for the line-in adapter cable. but mind you: the earplugs supplied are not really hi-fi, but still ok for me, though.
luke78
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by luke78 »

I went for a sony nwz-s639f. It was dirt cheap - I got it for £79 off Amazon and its amazing. With the right EQ and earphones you can make it sound like you are in the middle of fabric if you so desire. The sound quality without any EQing though is superb.

I wouldnt ever not buy a Sony now. it has 40 hours battery life (3 mins charge gives you a couple of hours use), needs no software installed on your computer.
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

luke78 wrote:I wouldnt ever not buy a Sony now. it has 40 hours battery life (3 mins charge gives you a couple of hours use), needs no software installed on your computer.
i was just about to post that i am now looking at the sonys and they seem pretty hot... also the samsung p3s are supposed to be good.

hmm. i do like sony. i've had good experiences with their products. i'll be in japan next week so i might scope what they have available...
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

The new ipods have terrible sound output.

I've read excellent reviews about the Cowon's sound and I'm waiting for my ipod to crash to get one of those.

Good luck