Korg Electribe EMX-1

- ask away
zarbeat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zarbeat »

I just got one Its amazing the amount of work you can do i remember talking whit a friend of mine and he said he likes it more than his elektorn machine drum then i was like no way so i had to buy one thanks mike u are rigth this thing rocks it sync really god on live and i can contro it from live as well :D
bleupulp
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bleupulp »

i got one (the blue one) and its fun to make loops and jam with it,

i dont sequence a whole track with it thought,
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

I has the blue one and the red one...first I bought the blue one and then I exchanged it with the red one, then I sold the red one.
The blue one is great, easy to program and the synths sound fat...but the probleme, for me, are the pcm sounds...yess all classical drumz and weird sounds are there, but they are very limited and I had to work a lot ont them, with the few effects that are available...the red one is very cool, but the smart media card for sample tranfer is a pain in the neck...
So actually the two are very good, but they work together, as all electribes...thanks for your marketing class korg... :s
For the price of the two I'd go for the mc 909
Chers
S
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S »

XIII NRV wrote:I has the blue one and the red one...first I bought the blue one and then I exchanged it with the red one, then I sold the red one.
The blue one is great, easy to program and the synths sound fat...but the probleme, for me, are the pcm sounds...yess all classical drumz and weird sounds are there, but they are very limited and I had to work a lot ont them, with the few effects that are available...the red one is very cool, but the smart media card for sample tranfer is a pain in the neck...
So actually the two are very good, but they work together, as all electribes...thanks for your marketing class korg... :s
For the price of the two I'd go for the mc 909
Chers
this program lets you create esx files for fast loading sample kits

http://www.skratchdot.com/esxwaveorganizer/home.php
zarbeat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zarbeat »

Im trading mine for a roland 909 plus some cash I really hated the stupid red korg hard to synt to almost any daw, really stupid sampler engine ,wont read wav from any library's when using smart media very poor bild in samples no expandable ram haaag i could keep going but im getting tired -frown 2
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

eryx666 wrote:yeah i.ve checked it on the other system, btw few weeks later i found a mag with review of sx-1 and they noticed the same thing, that annoying hiss. maybe it's only on red one...

it can be easily remove with hiss remover, or some hp filter, but that's not the way i want it. finally i sold it.

but, like i wrote, if you have some spare money and it's not expensive go for it. nice piece of gear after all :)
Hiss Remover? Where can I get one? I've got one of the latest korg zero8 with bit of hiss on the main out.

Thanks
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

zarbeat wrote:I just got one Its amazing the amount of work you can do i remember talking whit a friend of mine and he said he likes it more than his elektorn machine drum then i was like no way so i had to buy one thanks mike u are rigth this thing rocks it sync really god on live and i can contro it from live as well :D
zarbeat wrote:Im trading mine for a roland 909 plus some cash I really hated the stupid red korg hard to synt to almost any daw, really stupid sampler engine ,wont read wav from any library's when using smart media very poor bild in samples no expandable ram haaag i could keep going but im getting tired
Your changed your tune. Should have got the blue korg.

as far as sync goes i don't see why you would want too. I only use the sequencer for making some ideas for drum patterns then i copy the midi to logic and sequence there. Your got so much more flexibility with your programing that way. programming synth parts is a pain in the ass using the built in sequencer.