Akufen, Anna Kaufen, Marc Leclair etc etc

Lunkey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Lunkey »

i have some akufen sets that i really enjoy, but his set in chicago a month and a half ago was WAY too housey for my tastes. it's a typical problem in the chicago scene with DJ's playing more housey than they normally do.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Lunkey wrote:i have some akufen sets that i really enjoy, but his set in chicago a month and a half ago was WAY too housey for my tastes. it's a typical problem in the chicago scene with DJ's playing more housey than they normally do.
Only a few people know this but Marc is a big house lover. He once played in a party I made in 99 and he did a whole house set. He even used to produce DISCO (yes, pure old school disco) as Reno Disco. A project that never really worked here besides a very underground scene.
mayzee
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mayzee »

I really like the cut up jacking stuff... the wh0rehouse/quebec nightclub double on perlon is awesome... plus the very defined sounds mean you can sample a loop out and then do a little beat juggling with the record against the loop... 8)

oh, and the forcept 1 release made me do a s3x wee in my pants :lol:

anyone know when the other 2 are scheduled for release?
LetsGoOutside
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by LetsGoOutside »

just heard him live at decibel festival and it was amazing! the last third of his set got a little bland, but the rest was this dark, minimal, "grunky", driving techno played at around 125bpm. super fucking dark. and everyone danced their asses off to it! very nice.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Mirza wrote:Akufen @ Fabric with Herbert & Dear...one of my best party :wink:

Love Akufen, he was one of the first I heard in electronic music long long long years ago !!! :D
Wow, if i was there, Id never have to go out ever again. Those are three of my favorite electronic producers ever.

I think its the "Installation" track though that really did it for me. Aside from his funky, spunky microhouse he has a deeper side to his music. One of the best in minimal techno ever.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

pheek wrote:
Lunkey wrote:i have some akufen sets that i really enjoy, but his set in chicago a month and a half ago was WAY too housey for my tastes. it's a typical problem in the chicago scene with DJ's playing more housey than they normally do.
Only a few people know this but Marc is a big house lover. He once played in a party I made in 99 and he did a whole house set. He even used to produce DISCO (yes, pure old school disco) as Reno Disco. A project that never really worked here besides a very underground scene.
I think i read in an interview that country music is one of his favorite genres. :scratches head:
Lunkey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Lunkey »

pheek wrote:
i enjoy house as well but for that particular show i was expecting more of that akufen glitchy minimal goodness. oh well :)
noelpeters
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by noelpeters »

patrick bateman wrote:His Horror Inc stuff is amazing...
yeah agree completely - one afternoon i kept playing The Vanishing and
In My Garden over and over. I don't normally do that.