Ableton 8 - Beat Programming

- ask away
omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by omnipresence »

Most of my sequencing (prob ~95%) is done using Reason in the arrangement / piano roll yet I'm still clumsy with the Ableton piano roll. It's all about familiarity I guess, and every sequencer has its quirks. I think when I started out I only used the Matrix & Redrum though... I'm yet to feel comfortable using Reason + Live together with Rewire - I'd rather stick to one or the other.
fragment
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fragment »

as a live user i would give the drum racks a try...

i prefer them over using impulse - and the piano roll is awsome for drum programming once you are used to it
"there aren't many problems which can't be solved with a kick drum on the first beat and a snare drum on the 3rd beat, and a whole lot of sub bass in the middle"

Setup: Macbook Pro 15" 2,5 • MOTU Ultralite • Ableton Live 8 Suite • NI Maschine • UC-33e • Novation Launchpad • Novation ReMOTE 25 SL Compact •
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

fragment wrote:as a live user i would give the drum racks a try...

i prefer them over using impulse - and the piano roll is awsome for drum programming once you are used to it
Also never underestimate the power of clip automations. Those can really do wonders. That's actually live's big plus imo... You need some workarounds, as the clip automation are relative and not abosulte. But once you figured it out there's a world of wonders opening up imo
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk