First piece of gear

- ask away
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

First piece of gear

Post by blizt »

I've been thinking of buying some piece of extra gear for my almost digital setup. At the moment my setup consist of: macbook pro, extra monitor, 2 KRK GPR5, m-audio midi keyboard, logic pro and some vst. So what would you recommend me to add to my setup?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

an audio interface for starters....

than maybe something like a korg electrible, drum machine or and affordable synth like a DS Mopho or micro korg, maybe something secondhand from Ebay.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

tone-def wrote:an audio interface for starters....

than maybe something like a korg electrible, drum machine or and affordable synth like a DS Mopho or micro korg, maybe something secondhand from Ebay.
I forgot to mention i already have an audio interface. Would you recommend me a drum machine over a synth? Im very into percussion but Im very confortamble with the drum machines emulation of logic. And I also like to use a mixture of acoustic and electronic percussion, Im mostly doing housey things (at least they sound house to my ears :P).
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

if your happy with your drums go for a synth. how much money do you want to spend?
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

tone-def wrote:if your happy with your drums go for a synth. how much money do you want to spend?
Something like 300-400 euros
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

The hardware you can buy for a studio/music producer is almost limitless. theres always something u can get.
question is, what are you looking for? do you feel that you would do better with hardware unit?

you can get hardware sampler, va synth, analog synth, analog filter, drum machine, analog compressor, channel strip, midi controller, mixer ect.
so, what exectly are you looking for?
but if you dont feel you NEED something but you just WANT it, i say save the money untill you can afford something that will change your sound or really change the way you work insted of spending it on something you just want.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

get a couple old electribe series
signatures suck
computer controlled
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by computer controlled »

Depends on what kind of music you'll be making. But i'm guessing minimal since you're posting here =o] I'd give something like the Evolver or Mopho a try. Or even the Blofeld. Great synths for not a lot of money.
Synths:
SH-101.TB-303.Juno-1.EuroRack Modular Synth.Evolver.TX81Z.CZ-101
Drum Machines:
TR-707.Machinedrum UWmkI
And Various Effects