The more music i listen...

- open
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

infernal.techno wrote:lots of good music is shared right here on this website...more-so in the "netlabels" forum 8)

not everything has to be glam techno...or hipmnml. sometimes music can just....be...

and i agree...you have to always be on the lookout for new music yourself. constantly dig. don't rely on somebody else to show you good, quality music forever!
couldn't agree more. the most interesting music i find these days is music i download from the netlabels section.

besides netlabels you always got artists like keinzweiter, tilman, le k, sven laux, etc (of course lots of others as well) who still does music which isn't made specially for richie, luciano, etc (the "big guns"). and big respect to them for doing so! :)
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

vermi wrote:
infernal.techno wrote:lots of good music is shared right here on this website...more-so in the "netlabels" forum 8)

not everything has to be glam techno...or hipmnml. sometimes music can just....be...

and i agree...you have to always be on the lookout for new music yourself. constantly dig. don't rely on somebody else to show you good, quality music forever!
couldn't agree more. the most interesting music i find these days is music i download from the netlabels section.

besides netlabels you always got artists like keinzweiter, tilman, le k, sven laux, etc (of course lots of others as well) who still does music which isn't made specially for richie, luciano, etc (the "big guns"). and big respect to them for doing so! :)
yep! so true!
the best things in life (like love, happiness and not being an ass) are all free
and so do netlabels too, just passion and no $$
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

I musically amuse myself by producing my own sounds... now only if I could wrap those sounds up into an actual song and I'd be set :)

Although, I find going into other genres outside of minimal/techno helps re-spark an excitement for music, and then techno gets some of the freshness back when I return to it.

Just need to dig beyond big-DJ playlists and top-10s at the popular sites.

When I start to get bored of what I'm finding, it's usually because I fall into a cycle of going for producers/labels that I already know - when I take an effort to listen to stuff by people I've never heard before - tends to lead to some more interesting results.
technopunk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: The more music i listen...

Post by technopunk »

blizt wrote:I get less excited. Im sure im forgetting lots of labels, but everything is sounding the same lately, at least to me. And the worst thing is that the top guns are supporting some of this mediocre music, so we can say they are in part responsible of that.

Do you feel the same?
Start listening james holden sets and other border community artists..

Only two things can happen
1) you dont like it
2) you become an absolute fanatic

Some sets here
http://www.b-log.se/?p=2296
http://www.b-log.se/?p=1962
http://www.b-log.se/?p=1927

I hope you love them, this is THE path

(yes, im one of those fanatics around hehe)
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

PsyTox wrote:what John said...
personally I always find good music, probably because I don't just go on Beatport, click "minimal" and only listen to that narrow field. There's so much superb music out there. One of the best 'techno' records I heared lately was from a RA podcast of Dj Pete, called 'Bury That Bwoy'. It's labeled everywhere as dubstep, but it's so freaky deep that you can just as well play it in techno, minimal, whatever sets. And that's the stuff that attracts me: music taking the best elements of various styles and cooking up something fresh.

And other days I just like boomtsjakboomtsjak stuff from the majors too ;-)
that beatpor minimal top 10 really sucks to much!!!
those tracks that appear there are the most requested in beatport right?
maybe people is just liking that bad music