How big is your track collection

- open
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

about 2000 mp3's electronic music, about the same in rock, metal, hiphop etc, about 700 vinyls.

Good point btw from jacknine about keeping only the good stuff: Used to have 13000 vinyls but sold just about all, I just kept the REALLY REALLY precious ones, you just buy lots of half-baked stuff over the years so didn't feel too bad of getting rid of lots of them.
And because I had to move and the prospect of carrying 2 trucks of vinyl down the stairs didn't sound too appealing :lol:
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

3000 vinyl, 3000 cds and 100gb of music on my HD (prob around 3000 house and techno downloads, live sets and rips from mine and my brothers cd collection).

I made a killing back in 2004 selling about 2000 trance, prog and funky house records on ebay clearing out all my sh!t, from the days when I started djing and Id buy music just so I could get a gig :roll:

I wonder if these days anyone would give £50 for a copy of Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes or £40 for a copy of Agent Sumo - 24 Hours?? :lol:
Christ Lewis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Christ Lewis »

I'm an obsessive collector myself. It's only in the last year I've been able to force myself to delete the absolute worst of the worst.

I realize it's a pretty useless practice that ultimately deteriorates the average quality of my sets. Though there's something immensely satisfying about utilizing an otherwise average track in such way as to bring out its hidden quality. It's part of a philosophy, actually, the idea to give more control to the DJ, treating tracks as raw resource of which the best aspects are to be extracted and recombined on stage.

Having a broad collection like this also increases the need to organize more thoroughly and efficiently, so I guess my neurotic collecting habits have enough advantages to be condoned.
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

About 2000 vinyls, around 30 CD's and a unknow amount of digital tracks..
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

the problem with deleting stuff is you never know how you would feel about that track in 5 or 10 years time. It might sound ok or sh!t now but maybe in the future.... So only delete average crap which is either poorly produced or has too many clichés and sounds like a million other tunes.
codecks
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by codecks »

About 2500 digital tracks, 500 vinyls and 200 cd's, still growing
minimal my ass !
jtredwings20
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jtredwings20 »

2 vinyl, 6 mp3s & and 1 cassette (there's only like 8 songs on it though because i recorded it off the radio & there's lots of commercials).
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

jtredwings20 wrote:2 vinyl, 6 mp3s & and 1 cassette (there's only like 8 songs on it though because i recorded it off the radio & there's lots of commercials).

:lol: