[Perlon 74] Margaret Dygas - Invisible Circles

- wax
Seuil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Seuil »

Looks great and interesting like all the perlon stuff!!!..

but please why compare Perlon and Cecille/Oslo....what is the point??
btw, the B side is really different from Oslo or Cecille stuff..
how people can talk about things listening 1 lost min of a track...???
wait the record out, and then give us your though...
would be more constrcutive...for sure..

I just hope one day people will make difference between Ueberschall/Muteki Loops and hardware/gear grooves sounds in quality productions!!! more than just remember the labels names; and the fashion way to make music....!!!!
mpc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mpc »

I just hope one day people will make difference between Ueberschall/Muteki Loops and hardware/gear grooves sounds in quality productions!!! more than just remember the labels names; and the fashion way to make music....!!!!
who's the man!
alexlafouine
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by alexlafouine »

heard zip playing it last week and trust me, it's a very goooood one :D
stanley brown
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stanley brown »

[quote="vermi"][quote="restore"]sorry guys... i am not the same opinion...
i think the girl is really talented and perlon and nsp is the right place for her to present her music. shure it is no music to dance but i missed this kind of music, this kind of courage is really needed in times of labels like cecille, oslo and so on.
no doubt that this kind of sound (cecille,oslo)is working but guys...c'mon...there is a step we need... and this is one of it.
Go for it girl... i love it!!!![/quote]

have you heard the samples? ok, the a-side differs from the rest of the crap that's coming out these days, but the b-side easily falls in under that description imo.

release the same track (b-side) on oslo/whatever, and noone will complain about the label changing style, because it's the same as everything else.[/quote]

ah comooooooohn man! hahaha
brownlow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by brownlow »

vermi wrote:
brownlow wrote:
vermi wrote:
harold_f wrote:Perlon fell asleep on this decision. pretty poor release
couldn't agree more. time to bring back the real crew - a dimbiman/pantytec release wouldn't hurt ;)
perlon 73? baby ford!?

nice to hear something like this on perlon
and?
baby ford != dimbiman/pantytec, in case you didn't know...
I meant baby ford is part of what you might call "the real crew"

never mind... definitely purchasing this one!!
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

Seuil wrote:how people can talk about things listening 1 lost min of a track...???
Well we have to base our opinion on something don't we? I personally don't have the money to simply buy everything and THEN judge if it's any good and if samples were a decent representation of the whole track.
I wasn't blown away by these samples but that doesn't mean I immediatly categorize the whole release as bad or anything, it's just something I won't insta-buy on release untill I hear more of it.
And to be honest, I think I can count the amount of tracks that sound mediocre in the sample but turn out to be 8mins of awesomeness (with 1 boring part that happened to be in the sample) on 1 hand.. But of course I might've missed hundreds that I don't know of.. :P
jenniesobol
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jenniesobol »

looking forward to hear full versions. especially A side! in Margaret i trust..
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

tettezak wrote:
Seuil wrote:how people can talk about things listening 1 lost min of a track...???
Well we have to base our opinion on something don't we? I personally don't have the money to simply buy everything and THEN judge if it's any good and if samples were a decent representation of the whole track.
I wasn't blown away by these samples but that doesn't mean I immediatly categorize the whole release as bad or anything, it's just something I won't insta-buy on release untill I hear more of it.
And to be honest, I think I can count the amount of tracks that sound mediocre in the sample but turn out to be 8mins of awesomeness (with 1 boring part that happened to be in the sample) on 1 hand.. But of course I might've missed hundreds that I don't know of.. :P
this is also my point of view for now...
margaret has excellent taste for music (which is already a very good thing), but produces only since a couple of years, therefore, i would maybe not put the attention on his deep hardware skills. the idea that she could release her work on perlon more due to good connections than for talent has come through my mind... looking forward to listen to the whole tracks to controvert my speculations :-flower