Good monitors

- ask away
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

::BLM:: wrote:There really is no point in these threads. The best thing to do is go to your local shop and listen for yourself.
+2
I think everyone likes some different monitors the best.. and after you've got 15 suggestions here you don't really know which one fits you the best because 15 people made other suggestions!

went to a local dealer and after listening , bought myself a pair of rokit 6s
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

anizz wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:There really is no point in these threads. The best thing to do is go to your local shop and listen for yourself.
+2
I think everyone likes some different monitors the best.. and after you've got 15 suggestions here you don't really know which one fits you the best because 15 people made other suggestions!

went to a local dealer and after listening , bought myself a pair of rokit 6s
+3

you must audition them yourself, or you may be very dissappointed.
take a CD of your music, and something well produced that you know well.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Get the Yammys
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

I have the KRK rp5 and a RP10 sub it works a charm. However having moved them around quite a lot, I can only say that the room actually does much more than any speaker. Thus it's really a matter of getting used to your monitors/room and do as much A/Bing you can.
Get those you like best and build your tunes so that they sound the same on the monitors and in that room as some you like.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
chucklechops
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by chucklechops »

Just to add to the confusion, the monitors that sound best to you aren't necessarily the best ones to mix on.

When I was researching monitors I read a good article which I've lost the link to. It was some guy discussing the Yamaha NS10s/HS80Ms and why they are a fixture in so many pro studios. In short: it's not because they sound good or even because they sound 'flat' but that they actually sound shite in a very specific way such that if you can make your mix sound good on them it will sound good on anything.

I'll try and find the article when I have more time; it's well worth reading.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:Get the Yammys
for sure!!! i heard the HS80's and was blown away over all the sets at the store.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

chucklechops wrote:Just to add to the confusion, the monitors that sound best to you aren't necessarily the best ones to mix on.

When I was researching monitors I read a good article which I've lost the link to. It was some guy discussing the Yamaha NS10s/HS80Ms and why they are a fixture in so many pro studios. In short: it's not because they sound good or even because they sound 'flat' but that they actually sound shite in a very specific way such that if you can make your mix sound good on them it will sound good on anything.

its true.... you want to look for that type of characteristic when buying monitors.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

chucklechops wrote:Just to add to the confusion, the monitors that sound best to you aren't necessarily the best ones to mix on.

Forget that article and read Bob Catz's book The Secret Of The Mastering Engineer..