richie hawtin's clothing line...

- open
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

Atheory wrote:sorry to go so off topic, but anyone know if richie is realising any MUSIC soon?
His music is on hold for awhile. The Richie Hawtin perfume line is to be launched first. -rant off-

I would like to hear something new from him to. I don't like his dj sets, but maybe he can blow me away with some tracks of his own.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

is that the worry though, that a whole generation of people have grown up to see hawtin as just this marketing machine or fairly commercial dj.

its easy to forget that he made some amazing records a few years ago.

its like woody allen. :D
Vito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Vito »

camus wrote:so what? it is very common that labels sells goodies like tshirts , stickers , posters , etc...

furthermore why cant hawtin diversify his activities into fashion? are you jealous ? he is like 40 , maybe he has the right to start making a little money for living ...

how many of you have real jobs along with djing ? so you are evil profiteers because you are an union worker? computer analyst ? teacher or work at the townhall ?

you should stop bullying hawtin , cause you're no better than him... he did more for techno than anyone of you will ever do, but maybe thats why all you can do is spit on him, cause you're not very usefull to the cause otherwise or you believe so.
Stop critisizing him , do your thing , be successfull so that others can spit on you...

Another round of applause is needed here :D
Beethovan acknowledged the visionary qualities of his music,saying those who understand it are freed from the miseries which others drag around with them....
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Lots of other artists have clothing lines, so I don't see what the fuss about. Going nuts over it and buying it JUST because it's Hawtin related is silly, but so is the blind hate-on for it.

and, I kind of like the shirt anyways - has an interesting cut to it. I hate it when people release a line of clothing that is just a Haynes T-Shirt with their logo printed on the front of it and jack up the price $50 dollars.
technopunk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by technopunk »

camus wrote: start making a little money for living ...

are you out of your mind? do you know how much money he makes for a couple of hours set?? (-)
Harlesden
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Harlesden »

can't see there being many replies to this one :lol:
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

Harlesden wrote:can't see there being many replies to this one :lol:
:lol:

the name is awesome though... (k, I know it's 2 people involved but still awesome)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
TMCM
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TMCM »

i remember friends complaining about his hair years ago, so i think this fits well into his scheme, with richie being some kind of mnml fashion model. hell, i saw this coming and actually i'm a bit surprised, that he didn't do this earlier.

but... do i sense an anti-anti-hype coming up? :?:
coffee makes you happy... except when it messes you up.
Twitter Last.FM Facebook