portable recorders.. any advice / suggestions please?

- ask away
S
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

portable recorders.. any advice / suggestions please?

Post by S »

prussell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by prussell »

i think it mostly depends on what the application is; recording live music, field recording, or just recording mixes/mixdowns from a mixer or soundcard.

i've heard nice things about the R-09.
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

S
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S »

fck sake thats looks nice, a bit too pricey though - unless i ship it from the US.

Im just looking for something to capture nature samples, farts, conversations, chain saws, this crazy room in my work that has loads of tubes in the ceiling for some reason which sounds great when you clap in, you get the idea.

The most important factor really is the quality of built in mics, their range, must be stereo and 360 degrees sounds cool{how do you type the degrees symbol?}
n1
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: portable recorders.. any advice / suggestions please?

Post by n1 »

S wrote:http://www.musictechmag.co.uk/mtm/portable-recorder

like the edirol ro9 myself, or
zoom h2, cheaper, and has good reviews
prussell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by prussell »

if you're looking to do field recordings you'd be better off getting a real microphone w/ wind screen, rather than depending on the built-in mic(s).
ArhiteK
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ArhiteK »

just ordered Zoom H4n :)

man, adjustable stereo condensers, 2 XLR inputs, 4 channel recording, full spread of of effects (rev, comp, lim dist etc etc), works as USB audio interface, monitoring on headphones...

only bad thing that I have read about it so far is that it works only from AA batteries, and it can't charge them. But, few packs in reserve and rechargeable batts with charger and you are on.

It's somewhat more expensive, but it's worth it...

http://www.samsontech.com/products/prod ... rodID=1994
Nordin
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Nordin »

prussell wrote:if you're looking to do field recordings you'd be better off getting a real microphone w/ wind screen, rather than depending on the built-in mic(s).
do u have any suggestions of real microphones to get? i'm looking to get one for field recordings and real instruments.