anybody else notice the similarity?

- open
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

Jamesventuri wrote:its locked, it was about a certain dj konte aka mandrila laurentiu or something like that, i suppose he is also the manager of minimouse records if i am not mistaken.. LOL
link to it? i don't know what to search for to find it.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

really not pretty this whole Shlomi Aber thing (I should be careful wih what I say though... maybe he'll try and sue me!)

this track isn't as obvious a rip off as others but still a horrible creative rape.

the law offers nothing to help, and even if it did it's is not something that most underground producers can afford, or really should have to deal with.

just have to spread the word that some people really are talentless and gutless individuals. the world these days is a small place.
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

Think that thread was in the production section - dj konte , sounds about right.

Just listening to this proerly now, seriously WTF !!!

Thats crazy, I'm off to re release the main street back cat before someone beats me to it ;)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Jamesventuri wrote:lmao tracks are identical btw... but could just be a preset.... :lol:
The sound in the Gel Abril is a sound he always uses, just tuned differently.

They do sound the same though. It's weird though, because The Mountain People do it all the time. They first ripped off The Mole People and then Kerri Chandler, but they are open and its seen as a homage.
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

after more than 20 years of dance music... you can find many similar things everywhere, by many artists... techno is not exactly like a writing a symphony... i think this whole ripping thing is so overrated really
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

If they don't want to be original, great for them! Just don't buy/support that sh!t and educate others.

I'd rather own all the studio 1 colors, yum... ;)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

yeah..eeshhh. again. :x

ive never bought an aber track and i definitely won't be doing so anytime soon....
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

I haven't heard the Studio1/Abril thing yet, but as far as Dj Konte, he basically just used loops i'd done, as well as others from the Produkt loops, but in my case, he just took the loops and arranged them in a way to make a track out of them, and as far as i can remember he didn't even add anything else to it.. nothing.. just arranged the puzzle in his own way using just the loops.. anyway, thats long time ago.. its one thing to spot it, but even when you do, what can you really do about it other than let people know, then again that just spreads negative vibes.. its a tough topic to tackle :shock: