- ask away
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Digidesign Mbox 2 revealed!

Post by Renze »

http://www.digidesign.com/products/mbox2/main.cfm

It has MIDI!!! :D

I was going to buy the Mbox but I'll wait of course, I hope the reviews are positive :)
daemon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daemon »

be sure to check your chipset if you re using a pc or laptop.
it will safe you a lot of trouble :)
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

A lot of trouble? Explain :)
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

I wish for once some computer audio company would make something that didn't look like a toy :roll:
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

Apart from the handle I think it looks pretty nice...A bit colourful maybe, yes...And I think the handle can be screwed off as well.
Cans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Cans »

Renze wrote:Apart from the handle I think it looks pretty nice...A bit colourful maybe, yes...And I think the handle can be screwed off as well.
hehe the whole unit can "screw off" ahahahahaha lauhaus
daemon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daemon »

Renze wrote:A lot of trouble? Explain :)
Well if you check the digidesign-site you can choose support on top
there check the comptability pages and check the user conference for troubles with installing and gettting the mbox to work.

I have an mbox and when i purchased a new lappi a year ago or so
In the comptability list the centrino's were mentioned as working units
So i bought myself one of the second generation and when i got home, i installed the software and plugged in my mbox.
I saw that my fan was working constantly when using so i checked my cpu meter . It had a constant 100% cpu usage

so leaving a note on the forum caused a lot of reaction by ppl with the same problem and suddenly the centrino's with our chipset were mentioned to be non-compatible in the list on the mainpage :roll:
the problem with the chipset still remained and digi said: "Oh its no problem working with that 100% cpu meter cause the cpu meter in protools is what you should look at " No one gonna tell me that having a constant workload of 100%, that causes a lot of heat issues,is good for a system :roll: :roll:
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

daemon wrote:
Renze wrote:A lot of trouble? Explain :)
Well if you check the digidesign-site you can choose support on top
there check the comptability pages and check the user conference for troubles with installing and gettting the mbox to work.

I have an mbox and when i purchased a new lappi a year ago or so
In the comptability list the centrino's were mentioned as working units
So i bought myself one of the second generation and when i got home, i installed the software and plugged in my mbox.
I saw that my fan was working constantly when using so i checked my cpu meter . It had a constant 100% cpu usage

so leaving a note on the forum caused a lot of reaction by ppl with the same problem and suddenly the centrino's with our chipset were mentioned to be non-compatible in the list on the mainpage :roll:
the problem with the chipset still remained and digi said: "Oh its no problem working with that 100% cpu meter cause the cpu meter in protools is what you should look at " No one gonna tell me that having a constant workload of 100%, that causes a lot of heat issues,is good for a system :roll: :roll:
Thanks for the advice, I checked my system immediately. I have a VIA KT266/333 chipset in my laptop with an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ CPU, which both are listed in the minimum recommended system requirements.