Protools and logic

- ask away
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Protools and logic

Post by ewinz »

Hi, Im actually on ableton live 7 and I will switch on live 8 but a friend speack me about protools and logic, any one can give me some informations, is it better to buy live 8 or another ? For do live in club I think I'll keep live, or not ?
laza
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by laza »

whatever you can make good music with? for me personally its logic all the way. ilove just about everything (audio-editing could be improved though!) pro tools has now a lot more midi implementation but if you dont want to stuck with LE you need a lot of money to get ur hands on the HD (you probably now that)
cant say anything about live8, but live7 is my choice for club too!
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

thanks for your answer, I'll will try logic and protools, but Is cheeper than live 8, so its a good news =)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I never liked pro tools for making dance music.

@laza

what don't you like about logics audio editing? i think it's one of the best i've used, much better than any other sequencers apart from maybe pro tools. I guess it's all personal preference.
laza
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by laza »

tbh i cant exactly say. i worked with cubase for a few years and when i moved on to logic i recognized that i need much more time experimenting/editing with audio, for example making the audio fit to your bpm...after 1,5 years of course i know how to do stuff to get where i want :)

greets
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

i've heard great things about the new pro tools.

but do not have any first hand experience.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
DirkD
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DirkD »

Its really all down to personal preference, if you're using Live and getting good results and not finding that there's anything you're missing or frustrated about I don't see why you'd want to switch.

That being said, I personally find Logic to be a very powerful tool once you learn the ins and outs of it. I think its better for making dance music than Pro Tools, but for anything audio editing related Pro Tools wins hands down.

Also, remember these programs have steep learning curves. Logic is inherently not a very logical program once you first approach it, but a good careful reading of the manual will help make sense of great number of things.
laza
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by laza »

i have to disagree. logic is very logical :)