richie hawtin's live traktor twitter feed...

- open
ksaen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ksaen »

I like the way Hawtin uses such new media without any skepticism.
iainkerr7 wrote:I don't like it - nothing better than when a DJ drops a track that is brilliant and no one knows what it is.
And where is the problem? Richie doesn't shout the label, track and artist to the crowd everytime he plays a song.
You don't have to use it. That's the whole point of Twitter.

I also like to play records that doesn't everyone know. But when Hawtin plays a track the chances are very bad that no one of my/your crowd will know this song. His Decktwittering won't change this fact very much.

And i don't care about those who buy records only because Richie played them. I don't think there will be much more of such fanboys only because they read his Twitterfeed.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Coog wrote:he's just giving everyone (who cares) what they want I suppose.
...also he's giving back to the involved musicians. I think that's classy. But above all, it's FAIR.

I remember being laughed at here some time ago when I suggested that the huge dj's should make their tracklists public....

perhaps something came across somehow.
TMCM
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TMCM »

iainkerr7 wrote:nothing better than when a DJ drops a track that is brilliant and no one knows what it is.
yeah, the producer, label and publisher will agree.
i'm sure they will!
coffee makes you happy... except when it messes you up.
Twitter Last.FM Facebook
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Awesome!! Every Tom, dck , Harry and Harriette with a Traktor and a sticky photo of Rich in their pants will be able to do this in a few weeks. Maybe I'll just stay home and twitter techno, better yet, this can become a new genre. sh!t I don't have to leave the house now. :idea:
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

TMCM wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:nothing better than when a DJ drops a track that is brilliant and no one knows what it is.
yeah, the producer, label and publisher will agree.
i'm sure they will!
Sarcasm is a very low form of wit and if you want to contribute then do it productively. All I was doing was offering an opinion as a fan and a listener so don't try and be a smart ass.

Some like it, some don't - It will ruin that feeling for satisfaction when you finally find that track you heard one night clubbing, on your ipod or at a party.
jackyx
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackyx »

good idea imho, dont like -> dont follow =)
Vito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Vito »

smells of haters in this thread again...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

muggs
Beethovan acknowledged the visionary qualities of his music,saying those who understand it are freed from the miseries which others drag around with them....
dyte
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dyte »

doesn't bother me either way, i don't use twitter, guess he's just doing something a bit different (everybody hates change a little :) )

the clever part's when beatport get involved and it supplies links to the tunes to buy on the twitter post, helps the folk that want to know the trax and helps the labels sell the trax