mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

grace anxiety wrote:PM The Minicoolboyz
HAHA :lol:
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

Noize wrote:Found what I'm lookin' for; almost everything from minus.

Thank you all!
LOL
jaylun
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaylun »

Mika Vainio
Noize
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Noize »

Evad Streaklov wrote:

Thank you all!
LOL
:lol:
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

humeka wrote:@ cloutier: obviously you're the one who decide.

nonetheless, do you really perceive vogel as minimal artist?
Vogel is a diverse artist, and does have some pretty killer minimal stuff. Even some of his harder-edge tracks are very minimal. ie: Absolute Time, etc.

Just because it has a bit of 'unf', drive and energy behind it, doesn't mean it's not minimal (and I wish more producers would realize this. Ploddy slow beats with two-note ping-pong baselines doesnt make it minimal. Boring perhaps, but not necessarily minimal)
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Emmanuel Top
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Evad Streaklov wrote:

Thank you all!
LOL
Early M_US has some great releases. Early Plastikman and that type of sound is some of the first minimal I listened to years ago. Closer and Consumed still get heavy replay by me (yeah yeah, everyone gushes about Sheet-1, but that album didn't click with me as much)

Noize - don't be afraid to venture past M_NUS though, great stuff on other labels too. I'd throw heavy support behind Sleeparchive - great stuff, really stripped down minimal, although I like his Live PA's more so than individual tracks:

SLEEPARCHIVE_LIVE_@_FABBRIKA

sleeparchive @ inmotion

sleeparchive_live@elektrolounge_03-02-2006.mp3

T.Raumschmiere's earlier stuff is also pretty good, while not as stripped-back as Plastikman, it also sits in a similar sonic-space. More dense and droning than cold and isolated. His newer stuff I dont like at all (too much electro-punkish), but check out releases like

- Zartbitter
- Stromschleifen
- Bolzplatz

Although, seems like anything after about 2003 from him goes down hill (from what I like at least). I used to like some of his more electroy stuff (Anti/Monstertruck Driver) but it's wore off on me now, but I go back to those 3 releases listed above quite a bit.

Zarbitter takes me to a cozy place, not necessarily a happy one, but cozy.

I'd also recomend digging around the catalogs of Sahko and Raster-Noton, but have patience with it - as I find much of it can be more miss than hit, but when it hits - it's really great.

Lately I've been really feeling the Signal - Robotron release from Raster-Noton.

And, to toss in something completely left-field, AtomTM - Leidgut. Note: This album does not take well to 'skimming' it - some tracks are like, 1 minute long - but its quirky, playful, weird, and more than once put a smile on my face and made me laugh out loud.

One of the best ways to find some great music though, is going to a site like Boomkat, find an album/release that you like, then start flipping through their suggestions from "Other people who bought this, also bought...."

I've discovered lots of stuff doing this, and great way to find stuff that falls within a similar type of sound, but not being exactly the same at the same time.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

much stuff from Emmanuel & Thomas Brinkmann is equal to that..!
Also check JPLS..

Has been said before.
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.