- open
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

humeka wrote:
cloutier wrote:cristian vogel
:?:

your list is a bit strange to me... I agree some of them are clearly minimal like pole or porter ricks but in the field of plastikman?
does the persons entire catalogue of releases need to sound like plastikman, or are people allowed to put out a variety of music to be included in this list?
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
humeka
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by humeka »

@ cloutier: obviously you're the one who decide.

nonetheless, do you really perceive vogel as minimal artist?
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

humeka wrote:@ cloutier: obviously you're the one who decide.

nonetheless, do you really perceive vogel as minimal artist?
the stuff i have of his that i enjoy, yes. sure, he's got some bangers in there, and he's also made some super artsy leftfield weirdo sh!t, but he's got some hot, hot jams.

and seriously, can the term "minimal" just be voided from history? half the sh!t people call "minimal" isn't even remotely close. its becoming as blurred as "deephouse" now.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
humeka
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by humeka »

cloutier wrote:and seriously, can the term "minimal" just be voided from history? half the sht people call "minimal" isn't even remotely close. its becoming as blurred as "deephouse" now.
you're absolutely right.
vinnie pine
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by vinnie pine »

perhaps there should be a new genre 'minimal minimal' ?
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

humeka wrote:
cloutier wrote:and seriously, can the term "minimal" just be voided from history? half the sht people call "minimal" isn't even remotely close. its becoming as blurred as "deephouse" now.
you're absolutely right.
minimal has kind of become more of a marketing term I think. There are so many flavours of minimal now. When I think of "real minimal" (and I say think while thinking about the first records i recall hearing that carried the label) I think of super simplistic tracks that often verged on the boring.

When I think of the ultimate in minimalistic techno I often think of this GMAN record I have. Its practicaly just a just a bass kick that changes a bit. Truely minimal techo is kind of boring, especially if its played on its own.

Personally I love tracks that blur the line between deep house and minimal techo. I fuckin love that sh!t. I love deep house too. Speaking of deep house... lately I have really been liking "You give me love" by J. Axel ft Astrid Suryanto (Lypid mix)

Astrid Suryanto has a really nice voice. Google her and check out her myspace.

The music I really like that takes the best of both techno and house without becoming techouse. If that makes sense :) Stuff from MRI, hikan Lidbo, theorum vs stewart walker, swayzak... and so on.

I am kind of curious, what do you guys think real minimal is and where should the line be drawn?

How would you catagorize someone like Boris Brejcha. What kind of minimal is that? Its like that newer kind of minimal... does it have a name? Newer minimal music seems to be more focused on progression and the current bars playing then the overall state of consciousness.

Do we even need all these lables? Does it matter?
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

PM The Minicoolboyz
Noize
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Noize »

Found what I'm lookin' for; almost everything from minus.

Thank you all!