BEWARE! lame distribution service = detroit distro

- open
rationalism
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

BEWARE! lame distribution service = detroit distro

Post by rationalism »

Guys! this is to ensure that no one get to this motherfukrs I´ve recently had a contract with this distribution service named "Detroit distribution" they got many nice labels under the hood so i said okey!.
Everything was going fine till this saturday in the boite a dj friend tould me " Hey men you are already in beatport" I was like neaah it cannot be, so i want to my home open firefox and bam there was OUR release under another label called "hero in my hood", first i thought god damn they robbed me! But the cover of the release was our cover that clearly says "Rationalism records" so there was a mistake, no problem I said emailed them, and the answer was this :
Hi,
We receive info last week now beatport no accept new label,
we integrate your release directly in Detroit-distribution sub-label
But for all others shop your release is integrate directly in your label,
Sorry for this problem but is new politic of beatport
Best regards
Manager Detroit-distribution
I emailed them back, and said " OH WELL OKEY, but first you could tell us before hand, second why did you RELEASED under another label without telling us! and even if that was you´re sublabel WTF you had to released it 1 MONTH before scheduled!" so until now i´ve sended 3 emails and no answer!...

This post is for other label owner who do want to be in beatport! be careful with this load of fkers that make choppy work! now I emailed people in beatport to erase this but you know how are them!.

If you want to check it, see Martin bellomo and there you can the what i´m saying but please "DO NOT BUY THE RELEASE!" and i mean it!!!.

Cheers !
RATIONALISM RECORDS /// www.rationalismrecords.com /// PLEASUREX.CLUB /// https://pleasurex.club/

MYHOUSE YOURHOUSE /// soundcloud.com/mhyh-records /// ZARDOS /// https://zardos.bandcamp.com
camus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by camus »

there is a french/swiss distrib called WILDPALMS wich is pure scam too, dont sign with em... they'll never pay you and make thousands with yer releases...
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: BEWARE! lame distribution service = detroit distro

Post by ::BLM:: »

rationalism wrote:Guys! this is to ensure that no one get to this motherfukrs I´ve recently had a contract with this distribution service named "Detroit distribution" they got many nice labels under the hood so i said okey!.
Everything was going fine till this saturday in the boite a dj friend tould me " Hey men you are already in beatport" I was like neaah it cannot be, so i want to my home open firefox and bam there was OUR release under another label called "hero in my hood", first i thought god damn they robbed me! But the cover of the release was our cover that clearly says "Rationalism records" so there was a mistake, no problem I said emailed them, and the answer was this :
Hi,
We receive info last week now beatport no accept new label,
we integrate your release directly in Detroit-distribution sub-label
But for all others shop your release is integrate directly in your label,
Sorry for this problem but is new politic of beatport
Best regards
Manager Detroit-distribution
I emailed them back, and said " OH WELL OKEY, but first you could tell us before hand, second why did you RELEASED under another label without telling us! and even if that was you´re sublabel WTF you had to released it 1 MONTH before scheduled!" so until now i´ve sended 3 emails and no answer!...

This post is for other label owner who do want to be in beatport! be careful with this load of fkers that make choppy work! now I emailed people in beatport to erase this but you know how are them!.

If you want to check it, see Martin bellomo and there you can the what i´m saying but please "DO NOT BUY THE RELEASE!" and i mean it!!!.

Cheers !
Email Beatport and tell them exactly what has happened. If you need a direct email PM me and ill send it you.
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

thanks for the warning man!

these guys approached me a while back but i thought it looked kinda fishy business and didn't pay attention to them...and indeed it was!
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Weird how they are called Detroit Distribution when they are based in France. That makes no sense at all.
Enemy Records
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Enemy Records »

::BLM:: wrote:Weird how they are called Detroit Distribution when they are based in France. That makes no sense at all.
Well, it makes perfect sense when you realize that in this industry, it seems to be the "inmates that are running the prison."
rationalism
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rationalism »

Thanks a lot people for the full support ! I made this so no one can get into their dirty hands!.

The problem here it´s not the fact that they have a mistake is the fact that they are not answering my emails, the contact info in their site (phone number) does not exist at all I´ve checked in a telephone guide of France.
And they are not giving me a solution at all!.

I hope we can correct this and this doesnt happend again to anyone!.

CHeers
RATIONALISM RECORDS /// www.rationalismrecords.com /// PLEASUREX.CLUB /// https://pleasurex.club/

MYHOUSE YOURHOUSE /// soundcloud.com/mhyh-records /// ZARDOS /// https://zardos.bandcamp.com
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

I'd be preparing to sue them. have you actually signed a contract with them? have they broken the terms? sounds like you can just fck them straight away.

People, remember! There is no hurry to get music released / up on beatport or whatever. Don't rush into any deal because you feel you have to by some kind of pressure. The bottom line is - YOU and your music are number one. They should be desperately trying to make you happy, imo because you own and supply the product.