so who want´s to be in rationalism

- ask away
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Ill check out your site when I get home. I have about twenty or so tracks Im either going to shop or release on my own label. Can you be a bit specific in the type of sound you are looking for? I have tons of stuff ranging from tribal techno to very mellow minimal . I could probably send a couple your way if I know what you are looking for.

Also any artists we can hear from your current roster that might be doing remixes?
JonasEdenbrandt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JonasEdenbrandt »

are you a strictly digital label or will you be releasing vinyl?
ferdy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferdy »

JonasEdenbrandt wrote:are you a strictly digital label or will you be releasing vinyl?
+1
rationalism
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rationalism »

JonasEdenbrandt wrote:are you a strictly digital label or will you be releasing vinyl?
Strictly digital, we love vinyl but for now we may stick to digital releases only!.

About our styles, we are into the more mainstream sound ( doesn´t mean we release crap, we just not release experimental stuff as beatport is a pain the arse about sales!) of each way of techno, so for techno we are into very low sounds, pitched down vocals, etc .
For tech house into this groovy, jumpy, lot´s of conga stuff and for minimal not that glitchy or ambient stuff...

As we release material you will see the type of stuff we are looking for, we have scheduled releases the 20 of april, between 30 and 5 of may and then 10 to 20 of may then more material to be scheduled, so please enter our myspace or the website to check the pre listen of our first release and if you want send us material, not problem at all, we hear everything!.

Will be waiting demo´s! hope everyone get to know the label!
RATIONALISM RECORDS /// www.rationalismrecords.com /// PLEASUREX.CLUB /// https://pleasurex.club/

MYHOUSE YOURHOUSE /// soundcloud.com/mhyh-records /// ZARDOS /// https://zardos.bandcamp.com
Dusk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dusk »

rationalism wrote:
About our styles, we are into the more mainstream sound ( doesn´t mean we release crap, we just not release experimental stuff as beatport is a pain the arse about sales!) of each way of techno, so for techno we are into very low sounds, pitched down vocals, etc .
For tech house into this groovy, jumpy, lot´s of conga stuff and for minimal not that glitchy or ambient stuff...
Thank you for telling us a bit more about your label, it sounds like you're are providing something new from your region. Also, congrats for tying a deal up with beatport, I know that's not easy these days.

Some useless advice: I would say, don't be too specific about the sounds you're looking for - the more open minded you are the better your label will be, and the more permanent you'll become. As I said before, there are thousands (literally) of labels releasing stuff with "pitched down vocals" and "lots of conga stuff" - but that just means we desperately need more labels to release anything but that. (All massively in my opinion.)

Lots of labels start well but fall away, and I always wonder if this is because they followed trends rather than did their own thing! Labels that have always said "fck you" to trends and fashion are still very much here. It may have been harder and slower for them to sell units at first, but over time they've built huge respect and a huge following (labels like, off the top of my head, Perlon, Treibstoff, Mobilee, Great Stuff, Playhouse etc, etc) such that many crazy idiots like me will simply use their name as a shortcut, and buy the damn record. They've proved they're better at cutting out the crap than I am.

If you want a starting list of production elements to avoid - check my signature :D (Ok... just me trying to funny...)

Best of luck guys,

Andy
Some music:
www.myspace.com/cloakmusic

Reviews, news and more:
www.inverted-audio.co.uk
DirkD
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DirkD »

:lol: at pitched down vocals

All I can think of is Marc Houle's "Techno Vocals"

"this is the way we make techno"

Sorry don't have anything constructive to add, just that I read pitched down vocals and :lol:

But fair play to starting your own label, I'm looking to do the same for my own material since I'm a paranoid weirdo about letting other people have my music. Wish you nothing but the best with your label, just remember, don't imitate, innovate!
Phurniture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phurniture »

Dusk wrote:
Some useless advice: I would say, don't be too specific about the sounds you're looking for - the more open minded you are the better your label will be, and the more permanent you'll become. As I said before, there are thousands (literally) of labels releasing stuff with "pitched down vocals" and "lots of conga stuff" - but that just means we desperately need more labels to release anything but that. (All massively in my opinion.)
On one hand I agree that to start a label that already pursues a very common sound will cause it to be lost in the sea of similar releases (unless your version manages to take it to a new level), I don't necessarily agree that a label shouldn't have a somewhat consistent sound. I think there should be something in common among the releases, but obviously they shouldn't be so identical that you can't tell one artist from another.

From a marketing standpoint, I just want to ask, are you familiar with the label Crosstown Rebels? There's a very specific reason I ask... (see if anyone can figure out why).
Dusk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dusk »

I know they were/are a London label that went under, but came back up (?), but I'm not too familiar with their output.
Some music:
www.myspace.com/cloakmusic

Reviews, news and more:
www.inverted-audio.co.uk