why is the machine drum better than the korg esx 1

- ask away
Yatmandu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Yatmandu »

Shagghie wrote:
Yatmandu wrote:Ok, it seems I hit a few nerves. I guess I have never played with a MD - only heard others using them, but I do use a Jomox and I was going by what I perceived. It's all cool. We can't all be fans of the exact same gear or that would end up being kind of boring.

Also I'm pretty new to making electronic music so I definitely don't talk from much experience (although I have been listening to electronic music for a long time). I just happen to be an opinionated newb, that's all!
Just wanted to say "We've all been there".... especially myself.

One thing about gear is that each piece speaks to us differently, and unless we dedicate a considerable amount of time with something, and RTFM it, etc...it's hard to speak definitively about anything. To your credit...the one thing the Jomox gear does inDEED have...is balls. It's just that the Elektron gear also has balls, and they are made of solid Beryllium .

Anyway, just wanted to say mad respect for responding as you have...very humbling to read. Not sure I ever responded the same, when I used to tout how my mbase01 'gave my MD mk1 the 'kick' it needed'. Been there done that! :p
Hey thanks Shagghie ...and don't get me wrong, it's not like I would kick the MD out of bed or anything, if you know what I mean. I know I can bang something out of a Jomox which is a lot less flexible as far as sequencing goes compared to MD or Electribes. I think Magpie also has a point in that the EMX (or ESX) probably gets you most of the way to what the MD does, for a lot less. I guess the MD is creme of the crop when it comes to sequencing flexibility.

Anyway, it's all good -- the more toys and more competition out there, the better it is for us.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

just wanted to post (again on this board) Wesen's last liveset with only MachineDrum, MonoMachine and his own minicommand. http://ruinwesen.com/static/media/wesen-planbar.mp3

I think the quality of it shows how much you can actually take out of the MD if you know it well enough. I'm saying that as i suspect there's not as much mnm action going on in the set as there's md.

Now if one could harness the expandability of live and the power of the MD, you can imagine what a liveset that could yield....
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
wesen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wesen »

Yah, pretty much all the drums are machinedrum, and about 2/3rd of the patterns are machinedrum only. Monomachine is the very recognizable saw bass. I'm not very used to the monomachine and haven't really spent much time with it. Btw, the super nice kick is by opuswerk :) :)
goomba
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by goomba »

getting a machine drum in 2 weeks so excited!
who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust.