approaching styles....

- ask away
astro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

approaching styles....

Post by astro »

well mates, i´m kind of a newbie and after carefully listening-studying A LOT of music i decided to give it a try on producing, so i got inside reason now.... thing is i (luckily) don´t suck :lol: but all good tracks i´ve managed to create sound deep and "cerebral" (kind of troy pierce´s or heartthrob´s style), but when trying to approach a funkier style it seems impossible to get a nice tune to even start the track....
producers i´m particulary thinking of are marc houle, matthew dear, tim xavier+camea and pheek, i´m trying to approach a style that would be influenced mainly by those. any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
zero.
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

I would say for emulating any style listen to the tracks you like over and over until your brain melts and then only then click play one more time, what I do is just write some beats or play some chords that sound like the patterns i think I might like and then tweak the crap out of them until i get a sound i like and then I tweak the crap out of them some more and then...well she said no and then :(
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

Sneaky wrote:I would say for emulating any style listen to the tracks you like over and over until your brain melts and then only then click play one more time
I have no musical knowledge, and that's all I do. You get some interesting results. Although, you really can't make something thats not you though, as I guess, you know.
astro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by astro »

yes, of course. i´m not trying to do anyone else´s music but mine... i was looking for some kind of "technical" advice.... if you know what i mean....
zero.