Frustrated

- ask away
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

victorgonzales wrote:Dont make loops and work on one part at a time.

Instead of 8 bars write a 7 minute basic drum track. Then write a basline and lay it across the whole thing
then write sa synth melody or whatever across the whole thing.

Kinda like an outline. Dont spend time tweaking on it until you have the framework. once you have a full song basically laid out then start tweaking on changing notes, patterns, effects fills breakdowns and automation.

I find most people that tweak out on loops never finish songs. Its a lot easier to see what needs to be done when you have a full song laid out.
Recently found this out the hard way too. Works a lot better indeed instead of working on a "neverending loop" :)
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

I always get stuck, more often then not I may end up getting a few neat sounds / grooves / etc that sound neat individually, but then get stuck on trying to pull it together into an idea.

may try victor's advice - its sort of how I started to approach my most current attempt at a track, but quickly find myself falling back to 8-bar loops then trying to over-tweak them, then I get to the next 8-bar loop, over-tweak that, then the two just dont fit or flow together.

although, I think I may just try and get Buzz running on my computer again and run it in compatability mode - of all the toys i've played with, it seems to click in my head the most vs ableton/etc for how I see/hear the music in my head.
cryptshell
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cryptshell »

i agree on the "neverending loop" theory, u usually dont get anywhere n it would be easier for one to have a basic track, n just work on the fills, breaks, breakdowns, adding/subtracting melodies, etc...gonna focus more on that, thx! :P
Nook
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Frustrated

Post by Nook »

fred wrote:Hi all
basically i'm frustrated im sick of starting 8 bar loops and never getting anything down
i start a track and think right. This is gonna be a house track. By the end it sounds like a progressive trance track. Which is not what im after at all.
I have done the whole getting rid of samples and only using a select few synths( i have 2 massive & absynth 4) i also know a bit about music theory i know a few producing tricks
so whats the problem???
today i spent nearly the whole day in front of the comp
going from live 7 to logic. Back and forward what a waste of a day. maybe i try to hard maybe i spend to much time at this?

im just ranting
i would like to know what you do in this situation
thanks for listening
listen to house tracks and from there build your own using your creativity and the examples you just heard.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

the best advice i could give to you is to single out all your synth sounds 1 by 1 and export the audio and chop the sh!t out them and rearrange them
signatures suck
rationalism
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rationalism »

if you want to make a tech house track don´t use massive, or other vst, in fact don´t use VST´s.
When I started producing i always used VST, ALWAYS, but as i progressed i started to use a lot of samples and built-in tool of LIVE and them it happend I have my own style no vst and now i can make a tech house track and don´t end making a progressive house one! as the sound or loop I create are all mine and not an Arpegiattor in a vst that it´s too prog so. Create your own sound instead of trying to change the ones in the vst!
That´s the way I see thing... cheer guys! (-)
Send us tracks for the label... LOL :roll:
RATIONALISM RECORDS /// www.rationalismrecords.com /// PLEASUREX.CLUB /// https://pleasurex.club/

MYHOUSE YOURHOUSE /// soundcloud.com/mhyh-records /// ZARDOS /// https://zardos.bandcamp.com
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Stop using VST and use samples.

So you used samples to make a loop thats all yours :?
DirkD
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DirkD »

Yeah the logic seems a bit loopy there if you ask me :lol:

But when I can't think of anything good to produce I just do sound design and organizing the disaster area that is my samples folder. Then usually after a few hours of sorting stuff into folders and making a handful of new presets I'll have a few sounds I like, some samples I think go well together and off we go!

Oddly enough I seem to write alot of tracks this way, but my samples folder is still as disorganized as ever :lol: