freesound.org beatport attrubution

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

In that case then its best to contact the artist themselves and see if you can strike up a deal. I sampled something under CC and managed to get it sorted, but it took a lot of work as the artist wanted £500 for it.
ferdy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: freesound.org beatport attrubution

Post by ferdy »

::BLM:: wrote:
I thought the creative commons license meant that you could not use music under it for general release. I might be wrong though...
Hmmm...interestesting...don't think thats the case anymore.

here's a quote from the license itself...

You are free:
"To sample, mash-up, or otherwise creatively transform this work for commercial or noncommercial purposes. "

(Link to the whole thing with details: http://www.freesound.org/legal.php)

But this is only the case if you attribute the original artist of that partituclar sound you are using from the site.

Speaking of which, I've already spoken to the original creator of that sound, and he said its fine for me to use it as long as I put his name and where i got it from somewhere in the release details or something like that. Will be asking my label the best solution though before putting it out, don't want to end up paying 500 pounds for a little sound. :shock:
Katzenjammer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Katzenjammer »

Yes, all samples from freesound.org is released under a sampling+ license which mean you can use them freely in your own music both for non-commercial and commercial releases as long as you attribute the creator of the sample.