I wan't to do things "right"

- ask away
Koppnicker
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

I wan't to do things "right"

Post by Koppnicker »

Well hi there,

erm.....yeah I wan't to do things right.

1. I've got tons of ideas but I can't nail them down because I actually have no idea of what I'm doing at all. I just play with (virtual) knobs until I get a halfway usable sample.

Example: I have a sound in my mind but I don't fucking know what I have to do to synthesize it.

2. I know how to deal with things but my knowledge is very basic.

Example1: I know what adsr is. I know what modulation is. But I don't really know what FM and PW is. (see point 1)

Example2: I have a general idea what a mixdown is („this a bit louder, this a db down, right?) but I can't do it.

3. I don't get the principle of sounddesign. I mean how to edit samples and stuff. Very very basic things.

Well, there are billions of nub-questions like these. It's not that I know nothing, but I still have very basic things to learn.

My question to you:

Is there anything like a (free internet) knowledge-base or something where I can read about this stuff? I don't wan't to open a thread because of such a sh!t. Production standard here is too high, so if there are such basic questions from me I'm just annoying you.
Dle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dle »

All those things are on google, but the easiest place to learn is on audiotuts.com. For all those things you just mentioned you can even search this producers forum, there are loads of help topics already here on mnml.
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

revy wrote:http://www.wikipedia.org/

for reals!
LMAO! :D
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

hey man. chill.

making music is a skill which takes a long time to develop.

Many people who have been making music, even for many many many years, still feel they have lots to learn.

When you first start out it can seem overwhelming. There is such a mountain of technical things to learn. But it will come.

just take it slowly and click through links on wikipedia starting with a topic that is confusing you. Also maybe hang arund on forums like here, gearslutz.com and kvraudio.com . and gradually you will feel not so lost.

And then instead you will be worrying about how to spend less time on forums instead of how to mess around on equipment! heheh.
Koppnicker
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Koppnicker »

maybe you missunderstood me. I'm not crying around here like "wüähähä I don't know anything, uhuhu I'm so bad at production at all." :lol:

I just wan't to enlarge my knowledge. (or penis, don't know) :D
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Koppnicker wrote:maybe you missunderstood me. I'm not crying around here like "wüähähä I don't know anything, uhuhu I'm so bad at production at all." :lol:

I just wan't to enlarge my knowledge. (or penis, don't know) :D
like oblioblioblio says it takes time, i still learn something every single day, and i've been making electronic music for yonks.
read your manuals and help files, and experiment with your synths/software, you have to turn knobs and listen, just knowing the facts isnt enough, you've got to have your hands on.
take your time theres no rush, if theres a term you dont understand, google it.

theres a lot of knowledge to absorb, try to learn something every day.

as far as penis enlargement goes, i'll be happy to foward a bunch of emails which all guarantee instant satisfaction for your woman. :lol:
Last edited by steevio on Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

as far as penis enlargement goes, i'll be happy to foward a bunch of emails which all guarantee instant satisfaction for your woman.
who knows if you ask nicely theyll send it to him henceforth ;). win win

and koppnicker i admire your honesty about your unfortunate size, usually its a subject of bragging :roll:

peace