Producing time

- ask away
jaylun
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaylun »

sometiems it can be pretty hard to find time to produce. I have a full time job as podiatrist and some other stuff i do. Fitness, gf, organization etcc.. i try to sleep less to get more time out of my day..
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I need to organise and make my library actually usable, I don't get much time myself but the time i do get i find all I do is make bloody noises.

Any tips on getting my set up ready for action and quick would be welcome.
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

when i was trying to have some time to make music between gf, fulltime job and other stuff I was too sleeping less to get more out of my days, and after 9 months like this i ended up like the black and white copy of myself, not really being able to 100% focus on anything because I was never fully resting, and I started feeling pretty bad, I always this background "fall asleep" feeling goin on... terrible. Taking my rest now since 3 months and feeling waaaay better, in the near future I'll have to start looking for a job but I can't work 100% anymore, it's just too much time sucked out.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Yeah but fck it. I'ts worth it.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Friday night, almost all day on Saturday & at night usually Sunday. Just finished up a session now, so during the week it varies. But, lately I've been working on tracks most nights. Generally about 3 or 4 at a time though. I'll just switch when I'm bored, start something new, sample a movie or just make a few kicks or hats or whatever.

Also, my girlfriend is in to Techno which makes it 1000% better. I used to date a girl that listened to straight trash top 40. I had to give her ass the boot though.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

On average 3-4 hours EVERY night. SOmetimes 6 hours on weekend nights. I don't sleep much.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Delicate subject haunting me these days... I used to produce more when i had a day job than now that i am a full time producer. The problem is my label taking too much of my time!

I read that Ricardo takes 2 days a week where he disconnects everything to do music fully and that inspired me to do the same. I try to do that nowadays. When I make music, i work weirdly. I do sessions of 15-30 minutes at a time then take a 10 minute break to clear my ears. I could never do a 5h session like a lot of people say. I usually feel that if i spend 1h straight making music, it starts sounding like sh!t. I need distance.

I usually let tracks sleep for a week or two before doing final edits and arrangements. That is my favorite part and i usually take longer session as edits and arrangements are just like fun and easy.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

it varies alot for me, but generally i have to have a good stretch of time out ahead of me to get into the zone, if i've got any impending responsibilities i cant make music.
i usually make music fulltime in the autumn and winter, and i lock myself away in the studio. i cant make music in the morning, i have no desire whatsoever, so i take care of other stuff, then i go into the studio after lunch and dont come out till 11 or 12 at night, apart from meal breaks, and to go for a walk late afternoon to clear my head and ears. this is for 5 to 7 days a week.
in the spring i have other responsibilities, so my musicmaking slows down, and i make virtually no music at all in the summer.