deep dub chord

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

And if you are a reason user too, you can get some cool feedback efx by routing ( say a delay for example ) to a mixer send as normal - but then route the returns to a free mixer channel on the same mixer.

So for example, you could play a synth sound, add the delay by using the channels send knob but then also feed the return channels send into the signal patch. ( be careful though )
tristos
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tristos »

+1 for lounge lizard
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

AK wrote:And if you are a reason user too, you can get some cool feedback efx by routing ( say a delay for example ) to a mixer send as normal - but then route the returns to a free mixer channel on the same mixer.

So for example, you could play a synth sound, add the delay by using the channels send knob but then also feed the return channels send into the signal patch. ( be careful though )
Yep I used to do this all the time when using Reason. Reason is great for dubby sounds as the delay unit and syntheizers are really simple. I think the Subtractor would be best for anyone looking to create something dubby or just multimap the piano samples that come with Reason in the NNXT and play some chords with some delay.

One thing that really fucked me off about Reason though is that you cant automate the Advanced Sampler. Why oh why is it like that?
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

::BLM:: wrote:
One thing that really fucked me off about Reason though is that you cant automate the Advanced Sampler. Why oh why is it like that?
DEWD, now THAT is no joke. Why the heck did they do that? I mean I am mostly hardware based, but when I do make compy music it is with Reason.

I never got that whole NNXT lack of control thing either... :(
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

victorjohn wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:
DEWD, now THAT is no joke. Why the heck did they do that? I mean I am mostly hardware based, but when I do make compy music it is with Reason.

I never got that whole NNXT lack of control thing either... :(
You can assign thing but it's just impossible what you are asking, there's not enough CC numbers to work that.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Per sample? per zone, different automation? ( if the drop down was automatable! )

You couldn't do it.

Think about it, the knob'X' wanted to move from 12 oclock to 3 oclock, now what the fux the knob gonna do with everything else? it can't move twice and be in 2 places at the same time.

Like I say, not enough CC# man.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

AK wrote:Per sample? per zone, different automation? ( if the drop down was automatable! )

You couldn't do it.

Think about it, the knob'X' wanted to move from 12 oclock to 3 oclock, now what the fux the knob gonna do with everything else? it can't move twice and be in 2 places at the same time.

Like I say, not enough CC# man.
yeah but there are other methods to make these modulations and controls... try using the modulation matrix and assigning stuff to the mod wheel or... route some modulation into a CV into the back of the sampler.

Those CV's are reasons best kept secrets.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest