[Soma] mark-henning - i lost my brain.. (+ barem/dilo rmxs)

- wax
gooner
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[Soma] mark-henning - i lost my brain.. (+ barem/dilo rmxs)

Post by gooner »

Soma 261
Mark-Henning
I Lost My Brain At Wrinchout
with Barem & Dilo Remixes

Check it out on beatport here

http://www.somarecords.com
http://www.myspace.com/djmarkhenning

Announcing ‘I Lost My Brain At Winchout,’ Mark-Henning’s final single from his debut artist album ‘Jupiter Jive’, released last year on Soma Records. Always aiming to follow his instincts, Mark-Henning has shaped his own unique sound and is set to unleash a series of outstanding productions in the coming months. Undeniably dark but with enough funk to freak even the most discerning of dancefloors, ‘I Lost My Brain At Winchout’ is primed for some major soundsystem action with Argentina’s finest DJing talents, Barem and Dilo, along for the ride on remix duties.

Born in 1977 to English and German parents, Mark-Henning has spent most of his life in England, though has never forgotten his German techno roots and has recently relocated to Berlin. Drawing reference from a myriad of styles from electronica, indie-rock through to drum&bass, his original productions have appeared on an army of contemporary electronic labels and been licensed to recent FABRIC and M-NUS compilations. ‘Jupiter Jive’ his debut artist album released in 2008 marked cemented his entrance as one of the most inspiring young producers on the circuit. Henning holds a residency at the HOME events near Frankfurt in Germany and regularly stuns crowds at some of the best clubs in the world in countries from Australia, Japan, Russian and USA.

M_nus’ Barem goes back some way with Mark, both meeting on Foundsound back in 2006. Since then the pair have shared ideas and philosophies in their music and here come together with Barem’s remix of the track. He strips it right back to its skeleton, delivering a dubby reworking of vast, sparse, crooked landscapes. On the flip is Igloo Records’ chief Dilo. Aside from the delightfully avant-garde IDM and minimal coming out on Dilo’s own label he has also seen his music scouted by some of today’s most innovative labels. He brings with him an exceptional Latin flavour to the mix, with a housier take full of complex percussion and plenty of soul.
mtrnc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mtrnc »

Go Mark! High standard is way up there as always.

Excellent remixes too.. ;)