Booking Agency

- open
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

s.k. wrote:
Der geile Ami wrote: Release music that others want to play. This is hte easiest way to get your name out there.
yes, but that is the hardest to do, not the easiest :) . definitely the right way though.
i say easiest, because the music is dependent only on the artist.
freeeeeee
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

Der geile Ami wrote:
s.k. wrote:
Der geile Ami wrote: Release music that others want to play. This is hte easiest way to get your name out there.
yes, but that is the hardest to do, not the easiest :) . definitely the right way though.
But I don't want to sell my soul by just releasing music that is hyped at the moment. Thanks for your advices. :)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

sven laux wrote:
Der geile Ami wrote:
s.k. wrote:
But I don't want to sell my soul by just releasing music that is hyped at the moment. Thanks for your advices. :)
+1

don't do it
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

tone-def wrote:
sven laux wrote:
Der geile Ami wrote:
s.k. wrote:
+1

don't do it
Of course he shouldn't sell his 'soul', but really, what do you expect if you make music for a VERY small group of people and at the same time don't like to go out and party because the scene if only filled with bad music and people doing drugs... well, I would say that you're either in the wrong scene, and/or have too high expectations to what you're doing.

Where would you like to play if you could decide yourself Sven?
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

patrick bateman wrote:
tone-def wrote:
sven laux wrote:
Der geile Ami wrote:
s.k. wrote: yes, but that is the hardest to do, not the easiest :) . definitely the right way though.
+1

don't do it
Of course he shouldn't sell his 'soul', but really, what do you expect if you make music for a VERY small group of people and at the same time don't like to go out and party because the scene if only filled with bad music and people doing drugs... well, I would say that you're either in the wrong scene, and/or have too high expectations to what you're doing.

Where would you like to play if you could decide yourself Sven?
That's a really good question and I think I can't answer it...
I just would like to play one time every week in Berlin. There are so many DJs, who don' t have any releases of stuff like that, who are playing every week.

@patrick: Perhaps everybody should do whatever they want to do for having a good party. I don't have to like the drug-doing people at all - and I don't have to talk to them. ;)
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

as an occasional club promoter i find it really irritating having to deal with the booking agencies. especially in cases where i´ve already done the whole work(contact, fee negotiations, travel arrangements) directly with an artist and then i'm being told to contact the booking agent only because the artist has an agreement with the agency. i mean, to me it's totally unfair to pay a booking fee and waste time with the agency when they've done absolutely nothing for the gig to happen. of course it's different scenario when the agent contacts you and convinces you to book an artist...but then again this is something extremely rare, usually the promotion of the booking agencies is reduced to general mass emailing.

in my case, i only book artists that i know(musicwise or personally) and always contact them directly at first. how hard is that?

just do your own bookings unless you get so many of them you get overwhelmed...but usually a good calender and is all you need.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

sven laux wrote:That's a really good question and I think I can't answer it...
I just would like to play one time every week in Berlin. There are so many DJs, who don' t have any releases of stuff like that, who are playing every week.
Well, I'm not trying to be an ass, but maybe these guys go out and socialize with other people at the parties and get connections/friends that way.
There's also a lot of people getting booked because they know the guys doing parties, 'book me - I'll book you' and so on and so on..
But 1 time every week in Berlin... good luck ;)

edit: spelling mistake :)
Last edited by patrick bateman on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

patrick bateman wrote:
sven laux wrote:That's a really good question and I think I can't answer it...
Well, I'm not trying to be an as.s, but maybe these guys go out and socialize with other people at the parties and get connections/friends that way.
There's also a lot of people getting booked because they now the guys doing parties, 'book me - I'll book you' and so on and so on..
But 1 time every week in Berlin... good luck ;)

Patrick brings up a good point, get on your knees and start kissing ass.